IGNORED

What’s your favorite Mario game?

GPX

6 minutes ago, GPX said:

Here’s a recent article I bumped into, ranking all the Mario platformers (starring Mario):

https://venturebeat.com/2016/03/10/all-17-super-mario-bros-games-ranked/amp/

I would definitely agree with their comment about how nice the 3D platforming is in the Galaxy games...but I would completely disagree that any of the 3D Mario games hold up as well as the 2D classics. 😛

• Like 2

On 12/12/2019 at 7:56 AM, arch_8ngel said:

I would definitely agree with their comment about how nice the 3D platforming is in the Galaxy games...but I would completely disagree that any of the 3D Mario games hold up as well as the 2D classics. 😛

I think it’s because the 3D Mario games often include 2D gaming levels as well, so effectively you get the best of both worlds with the modern Mario platformers. 

8 hours ago, GPX said:

I think it’s because the 3D Mario games often include 2D gaming levels as well, so effectively you get the best of both worlds with the modern Mario platformers. 

While the 2D sections of later 3d Nintendo platformers are a nice callback, they are nowhere near as satisfying or well crafted as well designed dedicated 2d platformers.

On 12/10/2019 at 7:55 AM, arch_8ngel said:

Yeah, while the Kuribo Boot in SMB3 is a more fun mechanic than riding Yoshi, IMO

man, how has Kuribo's Shoe not made many appearances post-SMB3? hugely missed opportunity 

the 2d part of New Donk City in Odyssey is by far my favorite part of the game.