IGNORED

Awesome looking Bubble Bobble collectors edition

I just saw an ad for this on my facebook feed and bought it immediately. I'm not really into current collector's editions, but Bubble Bobble is one of my favorite games ever and this one comes with a lot of cool stuff. Just thought I would share:

https://store.strictlylimitedgames.com/collections/all/products/bubble-bobble-4-friends-collectors-edition-nintendo-switch-preorder

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I preordered this months ago, but I also ordered the regular version of the game since that preorder was up earlier, and came out nearly a month ago.

I'm a huge fan of Bubble Bobble, so I might actually keep the SLG order around for all the swag, but honestly - the new game is so terribly bad that double dipping for it will probably end up making me feel so bad that I should just cancel the order now. It really understands absolutely zero of what made pretty much all the classic Bubble Bobble titles great.

1 hour ago, Sumez said:

I preordered this months ago, but I also ordered the regular version of the game since that preorder was up earlier, and came out nearly a month ago.

I'm a huge fan of Bubble Bobble, so I might actually keep the SLG order around for all the swag, but honestly - the new game is so terribly bad that double dipping for it will probably end up making me feel so bad that I should just cancel the order now. It really understands absolutely zero of what made pretty much all the classic Bubble Bobble titles great.

Ugh, that sucks. I didn't even know the game had been released. I just saw Bubble Bobble Collector's Edition and snap bought it.

2 hours ago, Sumez said:

Ugh, that's so disappointing to hear. I passed on the SLG release because I was spending too much on other stuff. Still was looking to eventually pick up the game at retail. Maybe if it's not very good it will eventually be cheap to pick up on sale. But I was hoping this would actually be a good sequel. This and Bust a Move have been getting such awful installments since the Wii / DS games, it's sad. 

48 minutes ago, Romiked2689 said:

slg for some reason re did the Darius release for switch again. Makes no sense but I bought it regardless 

The Darius thing was cool, those had only been released in Asia IIRC, only way to get them was from Play Asia, and those collections had less content than what is coming in the SLG version. I went in big time on this release, shmups always end up being in demand anyway and I love this series. My only gripe is it doesn't include G-Darius but oh well. 

Edited by MiamiSlice

6 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Ugh, that's so disappointing to hear. I passed on the SLG release because I was spending too much on other stuff. Still was looking to eventually pick up the game at retail. Maybe if it's not very good it will eventually be cheap to pick up on sale. But I was hoping this would actually be a good sequel. This and Bust a Move have been getting such awful installments since the Wii / DS games, it's sad. 

Bust a move universe on 3ds wasn't a bad game, it was just too short.

7 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

The Darius thing was cool, those had only been released in Asia IIRC, only way to get them was from Play Asia, and those collections had less content than what is coming in the SLG version. I went in big time on this release, shmups always end up being in demand anyway and I love this series. My only gripe is it doesn't include G-Darius but oh well. 

Bleep store had more then the slg release. I got the play Asia one it was a must buy. Slg is just overkill personally but I think it might have two additional games or is that the same ones from the play Asia limited edition? 

I'm sorry to disappoint you. 😞

Then again, if you think the NES BB2 is good, your threshold might be different than mine. Though to be honest, I would have been perfectly satisfied with a game on that level.

The last great Bubble Bobble game was Bubble Memories, but I really hope we'll get another one some day.