Done with NA?

Andy_Bogomil

Are you completely done?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Are you completely done?

• Yes
    • No
    • May stop by to see the new site

Boy, originally, I thought maybe I'd lurk there every now and then just to keep a pulse on things, but wow, it's DOA. Unsurprising really, but just as sad. So after visiting a few times to see how the first few days would go, I'm confident at this point I won't even go back unless I catch wind of something significant going down there from here or elsewhere. There's just no point.

1 hour ago, Nightowljrm said:

Boy, originally, I thought maybe I'd lurk there every now and then just to keep a pulse on things, but wow, it's DOA. Unsurprising really, but just as sad. So after visiting a few times to see how the first few days would go, I'm confident at this point I won't even go back unless I catch wind of something significant going down there from here or elsewhere. There's just no point.

I voted No when this poll was created. I think I need to revise my vote...

8 hours ago, Andy_Bogomil said:

Yikes... NA is looking pretty rough. Like one of those random sites that show up when you search a specific topic but doesn't actually have any use.  Sad. 

I had to laugh with the first thread I clicked on someone asking one of the GoCollect mods if he was a bot. lmao

I wouldn't be surprised if the mods were bots just so it looks like there's people still there. Someone has to keep a watchful eye just in case two of the five active users happen to log on at the same time and all hell breaks loose.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the mods were bots just so it looks like there's people still there. Someone has to keep a watchful eye just in case two of the five active users happen to log on at the same time and all hell breaks loose.

Not quite like that. A mod responded to the dude with a pile of corporatespeak and a tone like ‘we hope you and your little friends will stick around.’ So he answered back “Are you a robot?” 

6 hours ago, Link said:

Not quite like that. A mod responded to the dude with a pile of corporatespeak and a tone like ‘we hope you and your little friends will stick around.’ So he answered back “Are you a robot?” 

I was just kidding saying that all of those gocollect mods probably are bots so they can generate auto replies to posts to make it look like there are enough members left over there to have a discussion. I saw the post and I think the reason that "are you a bot" post was made was because the mod copied and pasted that response word for word from one of the other threads, although I'm guessing it was probably just someone being sarcastic.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

4 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

. I saw the post and I think the reason that "are you a bot" post was made was because the mod copied and pasted that response word for word from one of the other threads, although I'm guessing it was probably just someone being sarcastic.

Oh. Wow. I don’t think it was sarcasm, I think they really are that tone deaf. Goes with what we’ve seen so far.