Are you completely done?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Are you completely done?

• Yes
    • No
    • May stop by to see the new site

Just now, ThePhleo said:

Deleting anything off NA is pointless.

They have a backup of the database and can run a virtual NA on any computer they want. The only thing you’re deleting is your ability to ever view those messages...should they port over to the “new and improved” website.

That's something I considered. Even further, who's to say that the cutover to the new site will be the latest data? They haven't disclosed any details about putting the current site into read-only mode or wholly taking it down for a proper migration. For all we know the DNS cutover will happen and it'll have content that's old.

Just now, Strikezone1 said:

I'll still lurk around there, and I'm curious to see just exactly how their changes transpire (I'm not expecting much).

There hasn't been much happening over there since VGS has come to full fruition and everyone jumped ship.

It's pretty much dead at this point, any recent activity most likely would come from NA deathbed threads, some random FS/WTB thread or shitposting.

10 minutes ago, LastCat said:

It's pretty much dead at this point, any recent activity most likely would come from NA deathbed threads, some random FS/WTB thread or shitposting.

I was mainly only posting there for the weekly contest and that has been moved over here. I'm still staying logged in for the time being but it is dead.

3 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

Deleting anything off NA is pointless.

They have a backup of the database and can run a virtual NA on any computer they want. The only thing you’re deleting is your ability to ever view those messages...should they port over to the “new and improved” website.

You're severely misjudging my level of GAF about anything still there.   I turned off any email notifications from there, scrubbed stuff i wanted scrubbed, made a last post and that's all the ol' capt wrote.

1 hour ago, captmorgandrinker said:

You're severely misjudging my level of GAF about anything still there.   I turned off any email notifications from there, scrubbed stuff i wanted scrubbed, made a last post and that's all the ol' capt wrote.

Oh no, I agree wholeheartedly with you.

Ive archived my lists and a few select pictures from other members. Shame I don’t have the time to scrap for more pictures of NWC Carts but I think I have a pretty comprehensive archive for now.

I don’t think there’s anything left on NA that I can’t personally rebuild given a perfect weekend without the wife and kids, except for photos of the Brazilian NES games. but those are things I’m after so I’ll eventually build it up myself.

I’m 100% done with NA regardless. It would take an IMMENSE amount of upgrades and new features for me to consider heading back there, and even then, I can’t consider it home unless everyone else goes back too.

What I was trying to say though, is that if anyone thinks they’re actually “deleting” their own posts or PMs then they’re mistaken. GoCollect absolutely already has a copy saved in one or more hard drives somewhere, and at any time can just reference it from now until eternity regardless of whether you click delete or not.

I love Dain and all, but he royally screwed us all in terms of privacy and content control.

Ok I’m still a little bit confused with the current situation and I’m hoping for an explanation. I’m one of those NA members who just goes on randomly and makes random discussions, so I’m not really one to notice all the internal politics of NA since the new owner bought the site. 

Just reading this thread makes me see clearer the angst from a lot of the previous Mods from NA and a fair few of the members from there. So the question I have is: why is NA a forum you no longer want to be associated with? Is it from a privacy/trust issue? Or are there more sinister concerns?

4 hours ago, GPX said:

Ok I’m still a little bit confused with the current situation and I’m hoping for an explanation. I’m one of those NA members who just goes on randomly and makes random discussions, so I’m not really one to notice all the internal politics of NA since the new owner bought the site. 

Just reading this thread makes me see clearer the angst from a lot of the previous Mods from NA and a fair few of the members from there. So the question I have is: why is NA a forum you no longer want to be associated with? Is it from a privacy/trust issue? Or are there more sinister concerns?

This thread addresses most of what you seek:

4 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Apparently anything posted from yesterday onwards will not be included in the migration of NA to their "state-of-the-art" new site.

Very interested to see what comes up in NA's place, and to read through the inevitable hilarious drama that ensues!

Or just let it go?   

While I have zero interest in the place, it just seems like a dick move to wish the remaining members ill will.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Or just let it go?   

While I have zero interest in the place, it just seems like a dick move to wish the remaining members ill will.

Yeah, it’s best to move on. The point has been made and there’s no sense in giving the new home a bad name. 

Those that elect to stay should be allowed to do so without us shitting all over the place. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Or just let it go?   

I didn't say I would be contributing to that drama. I have already logged out of NA for one week, and vowed to keep it that way. But, there's no cost to me and no harm to anyone else if I go back and lurk and lol it up a little bit!

• The title was changed to Done with NA?
On 10/22/2019 at 1:29 PM, SNESNESCUBE64 said:

I don't like burning bridges. I probably won't be active on the other site personally, but there will be people who stay there who post relevant stuff or have relevant stuff for sale. Nintendoage has been good to me, so I am not completely leaving like some. Maybe just not any new posts from me there. 

Hey man. Did you get banned on NA? Was looking through my old threads and saw your avatar was the banned photo. Feel free to pm me the details. haha. 

• Like 1