IGNORED

Happy Thanksgiving!

B.A.

Moderator · Posted
Just now, guillavoie said:

Congrats to you too! Do you care to tell us how you did it?

Me and her alone (Almost alone) on a beach after a great day of exploring Sintra. We were having a beer together and I reached into my bag to “grab another beer” and knelt. Almost instantly this dog walked over to us and peed on her 😂 

84D9DAB2-ADD0-4927-9D11-D99BDBDF55A0.jpeg

• Haha 3

Events Team · Posted
8 minutes ago, doner24 said:

Me and her alone (Almost alone) on a beach after a great day of exploring Sintra. We were having a beer together and I reached into my bag to “grab another beer” and knelt. Almost instantly this dog walked over to us and peed on her 😂 

LMAO, the bastard! The dog was probably jealous of her, haha!

51 minutes ago, guillavoie said:

Congrats to you too! Do you care to tell us how you did it?

I didn't do anything too elaborate. We both work for the school district. I'm a teacher and she's in the administration building so we went out the last Friday before the school year started which was a VERY stressful week for her. We moved cities 2 years ago so I took her back to the city we went on all our first dates, went to our favorite restaurant, favorite cafe for desert, and then to the rooftop bar we went on out first date.

We had a great time and on the way back to the car, I asked if she wanted to go on dates like this for the rest of her life with me. She said yes!

• Like 3

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I didn't do anything too elaborate. We both work for the school district. I'm a teacher and she's in the administration building so we went out the last Friday before the school year started which was a VERY stressful week for her. We moved cities 2 years ago so I took her back to the city we went on all our first dates, went to our favorite restaurant, favorite cafe for desert, and then to the rooftop bar we went on out first date.

We had a great time and on the way back to the car, I asked if she wanted to go on dates like this for the rest of her life with me. She said yes!

Thanks for sharing this, I think you did very well! The point is to make it significant for her and you, so you got it totally right with the first dates theme. Good job!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Congrats @doner24!! The dog bit is hilarious!

Went to PA with my brother to see our stepmom, and we got Dad out of nursing home rehab for the day. I bought a turkey dinner from the local grocery store, which ended up being good (although not like the dinners we used to have). I'm just glad that all of us were together and had a nice meal. Dad's getting his strength back and seemed to be doing well.

And the Cowboys lost 😁 The day couldn't have gone better.

• Like 2

Wasn't so happy for all those poor retailer employees (such as Wal-Mart, surprise surprise) who were needlessly forced to work on "generic Thursday" 😞

I did get to have some pizza at my grandma's!  She's long since retired from doing the whole traditional Thanksgiving dinner but we got to do that at least.

And congrats on the engagement, Bearcat!  Wow how were you able to do it all the way in Portugal?  Is one of you originally from Portugal?

16 hours ago, Estil said:

And congrats on the engagement, Bearcat!  Wow how were you able to do it all the way in Portugal?  Is one of you originally from Portugal?

I didn't know that I got engaged, but please tell me it was to Avril Lavigne and that wasn't all a dream! 😂 It was actually @doner24 that got engaged, I just quoted his post lol.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I didn't know that I got engaged, but please tell me it was to Avril Lavigne and that wasn't all a dream! 😂 It was actually @doner24 that got engaged, I just quoted his post lol.

Oh sorry, my bad!  Then congrats to doner24 then!  That's sure some rock he got her too!

And yeah, isn't Avril Lavigne that "Sk8er Boi" chick?  That was a neat song she did 🙂  Sadly she and the presumed "Sk8er Boi" in that song (Deryck Whibley) broke up in 2010 😞

Edited by Estil

1 hour ago, Estil said:

Oh sorry, my bad!  Then congrats to doner24 then!  That's sure some rock he got her too!

And yeah, isn't Avril Lavigne that "Sk8er Boi" chick?  That was a neat song she did 🙂  Sadly she and the presumed "Sk8er Boi" in that song (Deryck Whibley) broke up in 2010 😞

That's her. She was married to Chad Kroger from Nickelback too until 2015, so at least I know her standards aren't too high! 🤣