IGNORED

What does everyone collect other than video games?

Astor Reinhardt

Stamps, coins, comics...so on and so forth. What do ya'll collect?

I collect:

- 1980s and 1990s toys, books, comics, plushies...

- Dead media (LaserDisc, VHS, Cassettes, Records)

- Civil Defense items (gas masks, geiger counters and the like)

- Fallout related items (from the games like fan made stuff to promotional items)

- 1940s-1960s era cook books (specifically 1950s stuff)

- Vintage Pyrex and Fire King dishes

- Random 1940s-1960s kitchen items (cups, plates, napkin holders, coffee carafes, cookie cutters...)

- Blu Rays (specifically MCU steelbooks)

- Sailor Moon manga and anything pre 2000s (dolls, manga, bags, posters...)

- Video game related items (figures, statues, magazines [Nintendo Power!], guides, posters, promotional items...)

I do a lot of collecting...

• Like 1

video games is my big collection.

but i do have around 400 vinyl records, so that probably counts. still have my baseball cards from when i was a kid. they collect dust in the closet cuz they're worthless to try to sell. been slimming down my comic book collection, sold off a big chunk on eBay this summer with more left to go.

17 minutes ago, twiztor said:

video games is my big collection.

but i do have around 400 vinyl records, so that probably counts. still have my baseball cards from when i was a kid. they collect dust in the closet cuz they're worthless to try to sell. been slimming down my comic book collection, sold off a big chunk on eBay this summer with more left to go.

What sort of music are you into? I collect mainly records from the 1950s and specifically Christmas ones. I'm after the album art actually. Don't have a record player yet, but it's on my want list lol. I do have some 45's of random things from Elvis to Sting. My tastes are eclectic.

well i'm into all sorts of music. for my records though, i'm just trying to put together the most badass '70s-'80s rock playlist possible. here's my three most recent pickups:

Them - Here Comes the Night

R-8119392-1455487415-7299.png.jpg
great album. Them is underrated.

Hot Tuna  - (self titled)

Image result for "hot tuna" cover
I'm a huge fan of Jefferson Airplane and this is right up my alley too. includes "Hesitation Blues", my personal favorite of their songs.

and this one (NSFW) :

Spoiler

My Pussy Belongs to Daddy
67106044_2572988846067254_35537507521134
saw this one on some online countdown for best/worst covers ever and just HAD to have it. fantastic cheesecake.

Edited by twiztor

2 minutes ago, Futureman said:

Oh man, I really want to collect Terry Pratchett hardback novels. I have a lot of them in paperback and it's just not the same. 😞 

Aye I much rather have hardback or nothing personally, so far I have around 20 or so they aren't easy found around my area but I keep looking anyway as I have gotten lucky in the past like finding Raising Steam for $3 at a local Dollar Store last year.

Nintendo tapes are the only thing I "collect" but I'm not sure if it even counts.  I sold or am selling any I dont play so my stash had dwindled greatly over the last 1.5 years. I do a lot of other stuff outside this though. My biggest money draw beyond Bill's is travel, I try to go somewhere nice twice a year for a few weeks. I snowboard and ski  in the winter. Race my trashed Suzuki swift in figure 8s in summer.

Nintendo / PlayStation - Right now I'm concentrating on Super Nintendo and PlayStation 1.

Coins more specifically US Cents large and small.  Mostly done and just upgrade every now and then.

80s 90s Toys - GI Joes, TMNT, Titan Wrestlers

Tin Cans - Vintage Advertising

Vintage Hot Wheels - Red lines and Black walls mostly

My biggest collection is video games but I've been collecting US Coins for a long time.

My first post, yay!

Transformers are my primary collection, my entire spare bedroom consists of about 500 figures. All of the 1984-1988 original, vintage figures sit in glass cases while some newer releases and Masterpiece releases sit on shelves around the walls. If anyone doesn't know what Masterpiece figures are, Hasbro realized how nostalgic the original toys are so they created larger, more detailed, higher quality versions of the 1980s figures with a lot of die cast metal and called them the Masterpiece line. They sell for $100 - $500 each, I probably have half of those.

My secondary collection is NES. I currently have about 600 unique games with almost 400 boxed, I'm going for a complete boxed collection with all variants which means I need 2 copies of Stadium Events.....3 screw and 5 screw. My video game collection takes up 7 bookcases in my basement.

My third collection is Atari 2600, I have about 400 games right now with maybe 150 boxed. That includes some pretty rare titles like Spider Maze, Berenstain Bears and Bumper Bash. Most of these I got for free from my old boss.

I'll post pictures when I get home.

Let’s see.......

definitely comics old and current ( different publishers ). Sometimes it’s just a certain artist I collect too ( variant covers )

i do have a vinyl collection too that has oldies/Classic rock / punk / ska /80s and others 

also laserdisc anime movies 

toys > 80s, robots/mechs , Lego 

artwork > pinups

some coins too

I’m all over the place 

46E46E92-C971-49C2-87A7-1F26508D7557.jpeg

Edited by Punkr13
  • Like 1