IGNORED

Have you ever had "five minutes of fame"? Tell your story!

RH

I've been on the news a few times when I worked for a document destruction company. I was shown throwing stuff into the shredder and such in a news segment. This also was featured in the local papers along with a short write up and photos. My dad and I had a running total of who was in the media more. He works construction and has been in the media numerous times. Unrelated to the above stuff, I swear I saw Richard Sherman in a Dollar Tree a couple years ago. I was wearing a Packers hat and he snickered at my team of choice. We made eye contact for a few seconds, then nodded at each other. He walked past and my wife came over from another aisle to witness my puzzled stare. She can tell when I'm trying to process something in my mind and asked what happened. I told her I thought Richard Sherman was doing some shopping in the same store. She saw him leaving and agreed it might be him. I'm not a Seahawks or 49er's fan, but I do like Shermans cockiness and attitude. 

I was once mistaken for Michael Cera at Sundance by the paparazzi. It was pretty amusing. My sister and I were looking at a menu outside a restaurant and they showed up and were like "WE LOVE JUNO!!!" and I was like uh I'm not Michael Cera.

In hindsight I should've messed with them and given out autographs lol.

So I guess that counts? Also got to crowd surf once at Vidcon lol and met Philip DeFranco and Tay Zonday (chocolate rain dude) at an after-party.

On 12/4/2019 at 6:42 PM, MachineCode said:

Sick!!. I will try and get this running through Wine (Mac here) when I get home later.

I don't know if you attempted to get my old game running but I couldn't get it to work. It said it was missing a .DLL file which I sought out and downloaded but even then it wouldn't work. Oh well. It was made on outdated software even back in 2003/2004. Lol. 

I got an out of memory error when trying to run it in WINE. But good to know that even if I cleared that (obviously untrue) message, that I would have still been screwed there. Still cool that you got something in EGM. I feel like the limited nature of the gaming press of yore vs the blogosphere model of today had an extra air of legitimacy to it. 

I think my biggest bit of fame was when a picture I put on Reddit was picked up and reposted by George Takei (or his social media team) on Facebook.  It was a picture of a pie I made back when I was a math teacher.  A square pie with the Greek letter Pi on it.  It was made for "Pi Day" (March 14th).  It was kind of funny because I posted it on Reddit, then it got posted by Takei on Facebook, then people commented on my Reddit post saying I stole it from George.  Sigh... people...  

Another picture of mine from Reddit has been picked up by other sites and you'll sometimes see it around Halloween.  I had a plastic container of fast food condiments (ketchup, hot sauce, honey, ranch dressing...) that I posted with the caption "I know what I'm handing out for Halloween this year."  It was pretty popular on Reddit and got stolen by various "funny" Facebook pages.  Interesting to see someone share a post with a picture you took.  Anyway, once again, there were idiots.  A lot of people posted about how I was going to get my house egged or rolled with toilet paper.  It was a joke, dummies.  I wasn't actually going to hand out ketchup packets.  I bought real candy.  (And then ate it all myself and didn't hand out anything...)

My girlfriend was on the local news in Louisiana once.  She worked at a vet clinic as a vet tech, and the local station had a guy with a segment where he went and did someone else's job for a day.  My gf wrote in about her job and he came to her clinic and "worked" her job for the day.

3 minutes ago, Control Issues said:

Another picture of mine from Reddit has been picked up by other sites and you'll sometimes see it around Halloween.  I had a plastic container of fast food condiments (ketchup, hot sauce, honey, ranch dressing...) that I posted with the caption "I know what I'm handing out for Halloween this year."  It was pretty popular on Reddit and got stolen by various "funny" Facebook pages.  Interesting to see someone share a post with a picture you took.  Anyway, once again, there were idiots.  A lot of people posted about how I was going to get my house egged or rolled with toilet paper.  It was a joke, dummies.  I wasn't actually going to hand out ketchup packets.  I bought real candy.  (And then ate it all myself and didn't hand out anything...)

I think I actually remember that meme.  I think I saw it on the Imgur, new content feed, though.

I had a couple of daily "Best Image"s over there, but I don't recall them getting beyond Imgur front page.  Other than that waaaaaaay back in the 90s, I made one of the All Your Base images which, sadly didn't make it to the video, but I did see it from time to time in compilations of those images.  Regardless, I can't find it today.  I think that was the first internet meme I engaged.

• Like 1

I've also scoured my old photos to see if I had any others that I could use as "proof" if someone claimed it wasn't me... lol.  I have other pictures that show the counter the bowl was sitting on. The floor of the kitchen...  lol 

Added them to this post.  The pic that got "famous" and a pic of the kitchen where I took the picture.  The bowl as on the counter between the fridge and oven on the left.  You can see both of them in the bowl pic.  Also you can see the patter on the floor in both pics...

IMG_1204.JPG

IMG_1211.JPG