IGNORED

The Golden Quadrilogy

Homeboyks

Finished the least coveted sealed set in the SNES world.  Why would anyone collect these? I don't know, but apparently I did. 4 of the worst SNES games every made, all factory sealed. Captain Novolin includes a unused sleeve as well as a info card given to pediatricians to explain to them what the game was about so they could explain it to their patients.  I purchased the info card from a NintendoAge member many years ago.  Wish I could remember who it was.

183384565_RayaSet.thumb.jpg.5af798bd1b5df4a8a5f8f502b2b14c88.jpg

• Like 2

Pretty sure you got the info card from me.

My dad was an endocrinologist that had a significant amount of his practice devoted to pediatric endocrinology and childhood diabetes.

As a result, we had Captain Novolin and Packy and Marlon as freebies from the Novo Nordisk drug rep.  Kind of surprised we never had the other two.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nintegageo said:

They were edu-tainment games that were designed to teach kids about their health issue.

At least, that's my understanding. When I decided to not collect games on the SNES that didn't also have a Japanese version, I was super happy to not buy these games haha.

Basically.

For the two I had, the Novo Nordisk drug reps were handing them out to childhood diabetes practices and pediatric hospitals would also have them in conjunction with those special kids hospital SNES units.

They are definitely somewhat interesting to play through if you at least have a cursory understanding of the medical issues they are about.

But as generic games they are not great (though not quite as terrible as some make them out to be)

8 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

Pretty sure you got the info card from me.

My dad was an endocrinologist that had a significant amount of his practice devoted to pediatric endocrinology and childhood diabetes.

As a result, we had Captain Novolin and Packy and Marlon as freebies from the Novo Nordisk drug rep.  Kind of surprised we never had the other two.

YES, it was you I bought it off of.  Thanks again for that.  It was after that purchase that I decided to try and get the sealed set.

• Like 1