IGNORED

Dudes with Attitude (FC)

fcgamer

Posted (edited)

Dudes with Attitude is coming to the Famicom this August!!! Follow the link below if you'd like to preorder one, preorder folks also receive a full color guide book with strategies on how to solve each puzzle and complete each stage, written by myself. The guide will only be available to those who preorder this month, come August 1st no more guides, and I won't be releasing them elsewhere either.

https://www.maliscash.com/product-page/famicom-dudes-with-attitude-preorder

You can see the sample picks on the preorder page, there will be minor tweaks including the game's Chinese name...the name seen there was taken from a ROM site, but its name is not really suitable, hence we've got a much better title for our release.

Oh, and before anyone asks, yes, this is an authorized release, and yes the original author does receive royalties from it 🙂

In the upcoming months, we are going to have a few more releases like this on Famicom, for those who are interested.

A Bit of History:

I started collecting NES games back in 1998 or 1999, and it was around this time that I found Dudes with Attitude on NES at a Babbages, along with Tiles of Fate and Mermaids of Atlantis. I was just a teen then, but I honestly enjoyed the game and put quite some time into it.

Unlike some of the other American -developed unauthorized games of the time, this one never saw a Famicom release. As such I really wanted to see such a release, as it's a fun game, despite its bumps and warts. When I was 14 or 15 I could have never imagined being able to (re?)release this game, so I am really stoked about this. Comes with a large instruction manual too, about 40 pages, full color.

IMG_20240701_194328.jpg

IMG_20240701_194430.jpg

IMG_20240701_194444.jpg

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

I should also mention, @SNESNESCUBE64 for help on the PCB design. The boards look awesome, have a boba tea on the back ❤️

Even this particular game isn't your cup of tea, I have some other cool things (peripherals?) In the works.

If there is a Boba Tea etched into the PCB in the back, there better be translucent carts so we can see it!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

If there is a Boba Tea etched into the PCB in the back, there better be translucent carts so we can see it!!

Thanks for ordering! I'll look into translucent carts, that would be neat but I'm not sure how many options there are. There is indeed a boba tea etched on the back of the PCBs though. 

Also on a totally different note, I'm gonna go totally old school by sending out PHYSICAL newsletters occasionally about upcoming products as well as a few extra goodies (posters, etc). Unless @a3quit4s objects, I'll put him on the ITG physical newsletter list (probably just get something once a month or every two months), but anyone else who wants to sign up is free to do so as well 🙂

• Like 1