IGNORED

New Main Series Shovel Knight Game Coming

Makar

Yacht Club games had an announcement yesterday with all these updates. Most weren’t anything riveting, but there was one that caught my eye. 

“a brand new mainline Shovel Knight game is in development!

We're committed to crafting an experience that not only honors the Shovel Knight legacy but also pioneers groundbreaking, innovative gameplay mechanics. This isn't just another sequel - it's a bold new adventure that will launch Shovel Knight into an entirely new dimension of gaming.”

https://www.yachtclubgames.com/blog/what-s-next-for-shovel-knight/

I originally thought maybe this was a shovel knight 2, but after some thinking I wonder if they’re going bigger, like making a jump from a 2D platformer to ocarina of time kind of a jump. Either way I’m excited. I never got that excited for shovel knight dig or pocket dungeon. They just never felt like real new games to me. What do you guys think of this announcement?

• Like 1

Seemed like they were definitely hinting at a 3D game. I loved the original and I think I got 100%. I never did go back and play much of Plague knight as it was more of the same with some new mechanics... might get back to that one at some point.

Should be good regardless of which dimension judging by the first one.

Shovel Knight 64.  Let’s do this!

Mina the Hollower coming along nicely too

5 hours ago, Andy_Bogomil said:

Seemed like they were definitely hinting at a 3D game. I loved the original and I think I got 100%. I never did go back and play much of Plague knight as it was more of the same with some new mechanics... might get back to that one at some point.

Should be good regardless of which dimension judging by the first one.

Plague Knight was more of the same.  More like a hard mode due to limited mobility options.

I’d highly suggest Specter and King Knights campaigns.  They have new mechanics, new stages, new story, and even a card battle mini game.  They should be free updates too if you have the base game.

• Love 1

18 hours ago, fox said:

Mina the Hollower coming along nicely too

Plague Knight was more of the same.  More like a hard mode due to limited mobility options.

I’d highly suggest Specter and King Knights campaigns.  They have new mechanics, new stages, new story, and even a card battle mini game.  They should be free updates too if you have the base game.

Agree that king of cards was incredible. The card mini game within the game was fantastic and honestly could be its own game if they wanted to do that. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, fox said:

I really hope they call it that.

14 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

I'm not a huge fan of the art style where things look 8/16-bit but then break all of the limitations of that era. I am a big fan of modern low poly 3D games with N64/PS1 vibes. Interested to see what they'll do 😮

I can't really stand early ps1 era 3D, I think it's ugly as hell - but most modern games that mimick that technology tend to employ it in a much more stylish way that creates quite a unique look, which I generally do appreciate. Not really sure if that's what they are going for here though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sumez said:

I really hope they call it that.

I can't really stand early ps1 era 3D, I think it's ugly as hell - but most modern games that mimick that technology tend to employ it in a much more stylish way that creates quite a unique look, which I generally do appreciate. Not really sure if that's what they are going for here though.

Shovel knight 64 would be a good name. I’m open for that kind of expansion. Hopefully they don’t take like another 2 years to complete that game but they sure are busy with Mina the hollowed so who knows how long it’ll take.