IGNORED

Was there ever a sequel to Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic?

RH

I'm sure we're all aware that SMB2 was a re-skin on another game--Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic.

I've tried to google this but I think due to the fact that this is SMB2 for the west, I can't get a straight answer.  However, for the Japanese gamers, did Nintendo make this a series and create a follow-up title?  Is there another game (or other games) that make this a series, or did Nintendo let it die because so many of the little details within this title became part of the Mario eco-system due to it's popularity in the West?

Edited by RH

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To that game directly? No.

The playable characters are probably owned by Fuji TV, as they were part of their Yumi Kojo '87 promotion festival. So Nintendo's ability to make a sequel were/are tied up with that.

Stuff like Shy-Guys and Birdo were most likely Nintendo creations, or were at least negotiated to be Nintendo properties, so those did appear in later games.

Edited by Tulpa

5 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

To that game directly? No.

The playable characters are probably owned by Fuji TV, as they were part of their Yumi Kojo '87 promotion festival. So Nintendo's ability to make a sequel were/are tied up with that.

Stuff like Shy-Guys and Birdo were most likely Nintendo creations, or were at least negotiated to be Nintendo properties, so those did appear in later games.

Ok, thanks.  My sort of hope was that there would have been some type of sequel and with this day and age of fan hacks, someone would have made it a SMB2-2! But, I guess that's a pipedream.