IGNORED

The Sega Saturn Thread

Let’s gab about the Sega Saturn! I’ve only been playing the Saturn for around 2 years but I’m in love. 

I plan on bumping this thread every once in a while with my pickups and game impressions. 

But for now I’ll simply say this: 

Saturn > N64       
.......shut up, jone    

Any other Saturn lovers around here??

Edited by attakid101
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

I am thinking about starting. I figure between Turbo and Saturn, the Saturn hardware is more reliable and cheaper, and because I am already collecting import PS1 games my required Saturn list would be much smaller.

I'd love to hear game suggestions I am only looking at: 

Radiant Silvergun, Batsugun, Image Fight and X multiply, Strikers 1945, Gunbird, Darius Twin, and Sonic Wings Special

So far.

The Saturn is amazing! When I went cart-only and traded in my consoles; the Saturn is probably the #1 that I miss. So many good and unique titles. Not sure it is above the N64 but it coulda been a contender! I did have the super expensive titles though, so provided that you are good with spending stupid money on cheaply printed CD's.. then yes, I recommend it.

The Saturn was/is a very underrated console. I feel a lot of gamers misunderstood its selling point, which was:

- a Sega console to play 3D games (not many highlights other than by Sega eg. Virtua Fighter, Fighters Megamix, Die Hard Arcade, Virtua Cop, House of the Dead).

- to maximise on 2D gameplay with true arcade qualities; this was where the console was head and shoulders above the competition ie. N64/PS1. Some amazing arcade beat’em ups and shooters eg. Street Fighter Alpha series, XMen Children of Atom, Galactic Attack, Radiant Silvergun. Tons of others that were Japan-only, where the system carried on for much longer than the Western versions.

• The title was changed to The Sega Saturn Thread
  • 2 months later...

Saturn was definitely a great system, even better if you tap into import titles.  The N64 has like 8-10 games worth playing today, the PS1 library is massive and filled with tons of great games, and the Saturn has a lot of unique exclusives that make it special.  Nights, Shining games, Panzer Dragoons, Astal, Guardian Heroes, Dragon Force, etc. are all great.  A few games, like Mega Man 8, the Wrestlemania Arcade, etc. have their definitive version on the Saturn too.  I want to finish getting the games I want for Saturn but I'd rather post here to complain about the prices.

I just got my first taste of imports with Metal Slug and Fist.  Trying to navigate the library and find games that can be played with little or no Japanese literacy.  But imports are getting pricey too it seems

• Like 1

I loved my Saturn.

Had my favourites of each of the following genres of that generation:

• 3D Fighter (VF2)
  • Racer (Sega Rally)
  • Lightgun (VC2)

and my favourite overall game of the generation: NiGHTS

If I only played those 4 games that gen then I'd have been well entertained.

Lots to love on all three but for my taste:  Saturn > PS > N64

• Like 1

I just bought a saturn with couple of games from japan two weeks ago from yahoo it will be here in 2-3 months.

Then I ordered action replay because i own couple of european saturn games.

Looking into expanding my japanese library of language light games.

Edited by Knud
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Knud said:

I just bought a saturn with couple of games from japan two weeks ago from yahoo it will be here in 2-3 months.

Welcome to the family, your wallet will hate you haha.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Knud said:

There are quite a few import titles that have English, boot up in Japanese but has English switch or doesn't require Japanese knowledge at all. Primarily fighting and shump games are the most accessible.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sumez said:

You have Metal Black, Hyper Duel, and Radiant Silvergun, but no Saturn?

Just give those to me, man 😮 

The thing is I requested a console from Kid Shoryuken months back, but he picks up and sends what he chooses on my list. It's starting to drag on though so I may just grab one.