IGNORED

WTB NES inserts, posters, reg cards and bags

Goodvibes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Looking to trade for or buy an NES Cowboy Kid poster - Other Inserts and Posters for NES through Gamecube, Nintendo Power #35 - Help me finish my NES poster set! Down to my last few - NAME YOUR PRICE
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Looking to trade for or buy an NES Cowboy Kid poster - Other Inserts and Posters for NES through Gamecube, Nintendo Power #1 & #35 - Help me finish my NES poster set! Down to my last few - NAME YOUR PRICE
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Looking to trade for or buy an NES Cowboy Kid poster - NES Reg cards, Nintendo Power Inserts, bags and Posters for NES through Gamecub - Help me finish my NES poster set! Down to my last few - NAME YOUR PRICE
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to WTT: NES Tradewest Tra-nes-us-2 poster for a Tra-nes-us-1 poster
On 10/3/2022 at 11:01 PM, Code Monkey said:

Who summoned me?

IMG_20221003_225837.jpg

That's a nice poster!  I'm just seeing this for the first time, but man, this shows why we have to keep opening sealed games, even when they're already listed!  I personally opened the sealed Shockwave, and it had no inserts at all, as mentioned previously.  So this either came out of a copy of Chiller and was stuck into Shockwave later, or some print runs didn't bother with a poster.  Either way, that's pretty damn cool to know that exists!

19 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

That's a nice poster!  I'm just seeing this for the first time, but man, this shows why we have to keep opening sealed games, even when they're already listed!  I personally opened the sealed Shockwave, and it had no inserts at all, as mentioned previously.  So this either came out of a copy of Chiller and was stuck into Shockwave later, or some print runs didn't bother with a poster.  Either way, that's pretty damn cool to know that exists!

Yeah it’s pretty sweet, still haven’t tracked one down. If anyone has one let me know.

On 1/31/2024 at 3:23 AM, the_wizard_666 said:

When you opened yours, did you pull the cardboard sleeve out of the box? This one I have was advertised as box and cartridge but missing the manual so I think I picked it up for $14 or so. After I got into the car, I opeend the box again to look at the cartridge, then pulled out the sleeve and the manual and poster were sandwiched between the sleeve and the box. The seller didn't know they were there and I wouldn't have known had I not pulled that sleeve out.

57 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

When you opened yours, did you pull the cardboard sleeve out of the box? This one I have was advertised as box and cartridge but missing the manual so I think I picked it up for $14 or so. After I got into the car, I opeend the box again to look at the cartridge, then pulled out the sleeve and the manual and poster were sandwiched between the sleeve and the box. The seller didn't know they were there and I wouldn't have known had I not pulled that sleeve out.

Both games came with an AGCI sleeve.  Allegedly Chiller did not have a sleeve, however there has never been confirmation of this.  I always emptied the boxes fully to document things so nothing got missed, so it was absolutely not present.  If it were, I'd have it on my wall right now 😛

5 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Here is an eBay auction that recently ended, it contained the poster. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/364292539204

Interesting enough, it also contains a registration form and on that form is a checkbox to purchase a $5 poster. Could it potentially be the same poster? Was it a mail-away option?

spacer.png

Wow that’s pretty awesome to see that. I’m sure that paper is one of a kind, would love to have one of those as wel.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Here is an eBay auction that recently ended, it contained the poster. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/364292539204

Interesting enough, it also contains a registration form and on that form is a checkbox to purchase a $5 poster. Could it potentially be the same poster? Was it a mail-away option?

spacer.png

That wasn't included in either game that I opened.  Both were 100% accurate (no variant info was ever discovered, but multiple copies of both were opened).

Also, that's not a registration card, it's an order form.  AGCI likely had issues finding retail outlets to sell their games through, so they sold a bunch through the mail.  It could be that the first run packed in the forms, but then later ones didn't for whatever reason.  I know @fcgamer has done deep dives into Sharedata (and AGCI by extension)...maybe he'd have a bit of insight?  Also, it could be that it was mixed and matched from Chiller, which was their first release.  It's why the contents list doesn't include info from CIBs - there's no way to 100% verify the data otherwise.

Oh, and your insert definitely wouldn't have been the mail order poster, as it's not 18" x 24" like the ones being sold on that order form 😉

• Agree 1

• The title was changed to WTT: NES Tradewest Tra-nes-us-2 poster for a Tra-nes-us-1 poster - Looking for other NES inserts as well