IGNORED

Xbox and Game Pass

14 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Not my thing, since I like physical games, but I have to say this has glowing reviews... here's one at any rate

https://www.businessinsider.com/hands-on-with-xbox-game-pass-streaming-2020-10

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo and Sony are working on something similar. Seems like a win-win for gamers, even if it's not my thing.

Screenshot from 2020-10-06 20-16-52.png

The GamePass for XBOX and PC is apparently worth it. From a couple of reviews the mobile part of their Game Pass is lacking. Games are far not responsive enough to be enjoyable. Either way, for the cost, it is definitely worth it. I have played various games I would not have even bothered purchasing as games are expensive and most require DLC's to fully immerse you into the game they truly want to make.

I understand the allure of physical games, obviously since I have a ton of them, but on xbox one the disc is essentially a key. All the data is on the console anyway. Putting in the disc is basically ceremony at that point. 

With Gamepass, you can play a have a month and come out basically even just like you would buying and reselling games once you finish

Edited by RegularGuyGamer
  • Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 8:40 PM, Mega Tank said:

The GamePass for XBOX and PC is apparently worth it. From a couple of reviews the mobile part of their Game Pass is lacking. Games are far not responsive enough to be enjoyable. Either way, for the cost, it is definitely worth it. I have played various games I would not have even bothered purchasing as games are expensive and most require DLC's to fully immerse you into the game they truly want to make.

I think you'd be surprised how good the streaming experience is with xCloud. I played a racing game (Hotshot Racing) the other day using a Bluetooth controller paired to my phone. Even with the combined latency of bluetooth and streaming, the game controlled great and I was able to finish first place in a race. It's honestly kind of mind-blowing how well it works. Eliminate the bluetooth latency by using something like the Razer Kishi and the experience is almost as good as having the console in your house.

The biggest caveat I've seen is that you really need to play on a 5ghz wifi connection for the best experience. But if you're just playing a turn based game or something slow, even 2.4ghz is pretty solid.

This is the first time that I've felt game streaming is a legitimate alternative to standard gaming. Or, at the very least, a great supplemental way to play.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

I think you'd be surprised how good the streaming experience is with xCloud. I played a racing game (Hotshot Racing) the other day using a Bluetooth controller paired to my phone. Even with the combined latency of bluetooth and streaming, the game controlled great and I was able to finish first place in a race. It's honestly kind of mind-blowing how well it works. Eliminate the bluetooth latency by using something like the Razer Kishi and the experience is almost as good as having the console in your house.

The biggest caveat I've seen is that you really need to play on a 5ghz wifi connection for the best experience. But if you're just playing a turn based game or something slow, even 2.4ghz is pretty solid.

This is the first time that I've felt game streaming is a legitimate alternative to standard gaming. Or, at the very least, a great supplemental way to play.

My understanding is that it is only worth it for supplemental play. From the reviews I have seen FPS are not functioning well. Games that require quick moves in short time frames like for some platformers are harder to play due to the delay. It really only works well with certain games, but there is hope and promise for improvements along the way. I use GamePass on my XBOX and my understanding the price from this to the bundle that includes PC and mobile is not far off. For a monthly plan that includes that many games, it's worth the price.

4 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

My understanding is that it is only worth it for supplemental play. From the reviews I have seen FPS are not functioning well. Games that require quick moves in short time frames like for some platformers are harder to play due to the delay. It really only works well with certain games, but there is hope and promise for improvements along the way. I use GamePass on my XBOX and my understanding the price from this to the bundle that includes PC and mobile is not far off. For a monthly plan that includes that many games, it's worth the price.

I would generally only use it for supplemental play, but it really does work great. If you're not trying to play competitively or at extreme difficulties, I think it actually good enough for many FPS.

GamePass Ultimate includes Game Pass, GamePass PC, xCloud streaming, and EA Play (starting Nov 10th) for $15 a month. I think it's a helluva deal since I like to dabble in a variety of games and it still includes all first-party releases and will likely include all Bethesda/Zenimax back catalog games very soon. It's also nice to play something like Gears Tactics, Halo Wars, or Crusader Kings on my PC instead of console.

In my opinion, it's the best deal in gaming since The Orange Box and maybe ever.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Two big releases straight into Game Pass this week:

Cyber Shadow

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/01/22/cyber-shadow-xbox-game-pass-january-26/

Cyber Shadow

The Medium

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/the-medium

The Medium box shot

I am actually quite excited to play both. I hope The Medium lives up to the hype. Xbox could really use a hit to keep things competitive.

Edited by DoctorEncore