IGNORED

Board games

JordyRamone

As a kid I used to love Weapons and Warriors.  I think we had 3 different sets which I remember combining into one huge war.  It was pretty awesome.  I'm sure it would be difficult to setup today since all of the rubber bands have long since disintegrated.  Finding new ones of the correct size is probably a chore.  I'll have to check but I'm fairly certain I still have mine.  

3 hours ago, Quest4Nes said:

I got weapons and warriors recently. They had multiple expansions in it and didnt know. Just buy an assorted rybber band bag at walmart. 

I know, but you still need to find the exact right size.  It's important to get the right level of tension.  If it's too loose, you might never trigger it even with a direct hit, or it's too tight it might trigger on its own just because you breathed on it wrong. 😛

I forgot to check if I still have mine.  Need to do that this evening.  

• 2 months later...

Anyone see the current Kickstarter for Wolfenstein?

I am tempted, because the miniatures look great (mecha-Hitler) AND it tickles the fantasy of every dungeon-crawl-lover...there is a tier that includes reconfigurable plastic 3D dungeon components that replace all printed card components in the game.

I'm almost willing to pay the price of admission just to see a professional version of that concept in person to help me decide how much hobby effort I'm willing to commit to doing something similar on other games like Heroquest.

Edited by arch_8ngel

• 1 year later...

Thread necro...

I'm also into modern board/card games. I have a group of friends that gets together to play about once a week.

Some of my favorites include Cosmic Encounter, Wiz-WarTwilight Imperium, DuneMemoir '44, Chinatown, etc.

I used to play a lot of CCG's back in the 90's and early 00's. Magic, the Decipher Star Wars CCG, Legend of the 5 Rings. I still like those kinds of games but thankfully I've found less expensive and obsessive ways to play that kind of thing. Games like Netrunner, Summoner Wars, Marvel Champions, etc.

Edited by Webhead123

I've gotten some cool games on Kickstarter:

Trogdor (from the Homestar Runner cartoon)

Canvas (art themed card drafting game, where you create artwork by layering elements on transparent plastic)

Inhuman Conditions (like the Blade Runner humanity test)

The Faceless (horror themed game where you position magnets around a board to influence a compass needle)

Fireball Island (remake)

They Live

• Like 1

15 hours ago, G-type said:

I've gotten some cool games on Kickstarter:

...They Live

Have you gotten a chance to play this one yet? I love the movie, so I'm curious to know if the game is any good. I'm currently waiting on the Kickstarter of The Thing: The Board Game to arrive. Supposed to get here this winter, I think. In the meantime, I satisfy my John Carpenter itch with a homemade game based on the movie. It's pretty darn good.

Edited by Webhead123

26 minutes ago, Webhead123 said:

Have you gotten a chance to play this one yet? I love the movie, so I'm curious to know if the game is any good. I'm currently waiting on the Kickstarter of The Thing: The Board Game to arrive. Supposed to get here this winter, I think. In the meantime, I satisfy my John Carpenter itch with a homemade game based on the movie. It's pretty darn good.

It hasn't been delivered yet. Game does look cool. Special glasses reveal hidden messages on the cards, characters, and board.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 10:21 PM, Webhead123 said:

There is a switch game called Distrust based on the movie- supposed to ship next month.

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, Tabonga said:

I couldn't resist - I ordered  the deluxe fortress reprint edition with a few extras:

https://gamefound.com/projects/grey-fox-games/after-the-empire---deluxe-version-reprint

I missed this one...I backed maybe 10 board games on Kickstarter last year, but always forget about Gamefound. Looks cool...worker placement is one of my favorite mechanics...