IGNORED

How low can someone go? Yikes.

Skorp

Saw this on my Facebook feed and thought I'd share this as it really is disgusting to what extent some people will go through if they think they can get away with it especially in a position of trust and law. So, we had some tornadoes last month in the Dallas area and a Home Depot that is well known got destroyed. Apparently, one of our police officers tried to take advantage of the situation and looted it. He then went to another Home Depot and "returned" the looted items to get store credit. I am honestly in disbelief like WTF was he thinking??

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Dallas-County-Deputy-Questioned-Accused-of-Looting-Tornado-Damaged-Home-Depot-Store-565280572.html

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 2.48.47 PM.png

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No wonder so many people aren't so sure about cops.  Whatever happened to the days (if indeed there ever were) when you could mostly count on police officers doing their sworn duty to:

1. Serve the public trust

2. Protect the innocent

3. Uphold the law

In that order, BTW.

Edited by Estil

5 hours ago, Estil said:

No wonder so many people aren't so sure about cops.  Whatever happened to the days (if indeed there ever were) when you could mostly count on police officers doing their sworn duty to:

2. Protect the innocent

3. Uphold the law

In that order, BTW.

100% agree with every single word you said! (Edit: well accept the “if indeed there ever were” there were days like that here up until the early 2000s) And I come from a police family. Can you imagine how they feel about cops these days. The nypd is filled with morons now. Two guys that went to my high school that were always high are now cops. An ape and 2 chimpanzees can run a precinct here. 

Edited by Johnnyboy113

2 hours ago, Johnnyboy113 said:

100% agree with every single word you said! (Edit: well accept the “if indeed there ever were” there were days like that here up until the early 2000s) And I come from a police family. Can you imagine how they feel about cops these days. The nypd is filled with morons now. Two guys that went to my high school that were always high are now cops. An ape and 2 chimpanzees can run a precinct here. 

Well obviously NYPD is a far different thing than my local police force so I imagine they are totally different things.

8 hours ago, Estil said:

2. Protect the innocent

3. Uphold the law

In that order, BTW.

Police corruption isn't a new thing:

https://www.nytimes.com/1986/09/24/nyregion/police-corruption-a-look-at-history.html

Stories like LA Confidential exist for a reason.