IGNORED

WTB: Homebrews

C0DE

Hello All! Im new here but this forum was suggested to me after mentioning wanting to pick up some homebrews. 

Im looking for the following: 

Haunted: Halloween 85

Haunted: Halloween 86

Starkeeper (yeah, i know its rare... I just want to play the darn thing)

Log Jammers

Rollie

If anyone has any play copies of these games I would love to take them off your hands! Please PM me or reach out to me at my email: My Email

Homebrew Team · Posted

Hey Code,

Welcome aboard.  Rollie is not out yet, so stay tuned.  Good luck on Starkeeper, I want to play that as well.  The other ones are still available unless you are looking for used only.

HH 85: https://cashinculture.3dcartstores.com/Haunted-Halloween-85_c_159.html

HH 86: https://cashinculture.3dcartstores.com/Haunted-Halloween-86_c_160.html

Log Jammers: https://megacatstudios.com/collections/8-bit/products/log-jammers-for-the-nintendo-entertainment-system

Also check the list of currently available Homebrews on VGS: https://www.videogamesage.com/topic/1050-vgs-homebrew-almanac/#comments

Edited by Deadeye
  • Like 1

Buy Black Box Challenge while it's available. It's a very long and good homebrew RPG. You'll regret missing it if it goes out of print IMO (I know someone here was looking for a copy in their signature for a long time 😁)

https://www.infiniteneslives.com/blackboxchallenge.php 

Good luck with the search, but with the exception of consistently longtime available homebrews like Battle Kid and the occasional game that slips through the cracks on Ebay, they rarely sell for too much less than the original price. There's low demand, but low supply too.

Homebrew Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, C0DE said:

Thats good to know. Im very new to Homebrew games and Im kinda learning the ropes. Thanks for the info guys!

@Scrobins is correct.  Used copies of homebrews that are still being sold new are hard to come by.  Most people are not selling them.  If you work hard enough, you can usually find someone that is willing to do a trade (brew for brew) though.  

Homebrew Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Buy Black Box Challenge while it's available. It's a very long and good homebrew RPG. You'll regret missing it if it goes out of print IMO (I know someone here was looking for a copy in their signature for a long time 😁)

https://www.infiniteneslives.com/blackboxchallenge.php 

Good luck with the search, but with the exception of consistently longtime available homebrews like Battle Kid and the occasional game that slips through the cracks on Ebay, they rarely sell for too much less than the original price. There's low demand, but low supply too.

I recently ordered a copy.  The new version is cart only and grey (not black like the first release).  This change was not an issue for me and I am glad I made the order while it is available again.  I never saw a listing for resale or trade for the first printing.

Just now, Scrobins said:

Of course, and welcome! What kinds of games do you like? We’d be happy to make additional recommendations 😃

Im a big fan of platformers, shoot em ups, and beat em ups. 

Im getting my Retro-Bit Super RetroTRIO Console today so im ready to dive in to the physical world!

Homebrew Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, Scrobins said:

Of course, and welcome! What kinds of games do you like? We’d be happy to make additional recommendations 😃

If you like puzzle games at all, I can't recommend "The Incident" enough.  Top 5 for me.  KHAN has stopped production about a year ago.  Not sure if he will be selling them again, but it worth looking for. 

To give you an idea of my tastes, this is what I'm currently looking for on each system.

NES:

Splatterhouse 

Haunted: Halloween 85 and 86

Starkeeper 

Log jammers

Rollie 

mega man II 

Mario/Duck Hunt 

Mario 2

Mario 3

Snes:

Super Mario World 

Zelda link to the past

Final fight

Killer instinct

Joe and Mac 

Gradius

Tmnt time

Donkey Kong country 

Genesis:

Lion king 

Aladdin 

Golden axe 

Sonic

Keep in mind that Im just now getting back into physical. Most of these can be found easily. 

So Its a bit of a mix of nostalgia of the games I played when I was a kid and Homebrews. Are SNES homebrews a thing? I would assume so... 

Edited by C0DE

Moderator · Posted
7 minutes ago, C0DE said:

To give you an idea of my tastes, this is what I'm currently looking for on each system.

NES:

Splatterhouse 

Haunted: Halloween 85 and 86

Starkeeper 

Log jammers

Rollie 

mega man II 

Mario/Duck Hunt 

Mario 2

Mario 3

Snes:

Super Mario World 

Zelda link to the past

Final fight

Killer instinct

Joe and Mac 

Gradius

Tmnt time

Donkey Kong country 

Genesis:

Lion king 

Aladdin 

Golden axe 

Sonic

Keep in mind that Im just now getting back into physical. Most of these can be found easily. 

So Its a bit of a mix of nostalgia of the games I played when I was a kid and Homebrews. Are SNES homebrews a thing? I would assume so... 

SNES and Genesis homebrews exist but are less plentiful. For SNES you might like Sydney Hunter. For Genesis get Tanglewood and Xeno Crisis. 

Moderator · Posted
17 minutes ago, C0DE said:

Im a big fan of platformers, shoot em ups, and beat em ups. 

Im getting my Retro-Bit Super RetroTRIO Console today so im ready to dive in to the physical world!

For platformers also check out both Battle Kid games on retrousb, for beat ‘em ups check out Almost Hero on Mega Cat, for shmups check out Blade Buster which is available on cart at OCDReproductions

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...