IGNORED

Anyone have any general tips for displaying your collection?

Hello y'all,

Just wondering if anyone here has made any nice shelves or found anything nice to buy online to help display your collection. I find a lot of shelves that are available are way too wide. I am currently using one that is made for dvds. The carts fit real nice but i am running out of room and I would also like to explore the idea of reorganizing my collection. I would be looking for a nice clean look. I have seen some post in the collection show off thread but their collections are a lot bigger then mine.  

Edited by JordyRamone
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nintegageo said:

Place them alphabetically.

How do you handle games that come from the same series but are adjacent alphabetically (e.g. Legend of Zelda and Zelda II: The Adventure of Link), or even adjacent but in the wrong order chronologically (e.g. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

How do you handle games that come from the same series but are adjacent alphabetically (e.g. Legend of Zelda and Zelda II: The Adventure of Link), or even adjacent but in the wrong order chronologically (e.g. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword).

That is the ageless question. Personally I put zelda and links adventure together. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

One billy Bookshelf might be what you are looking for.

I have two of those that I moved out of the game room they are way too deep for displaying a single layer of games. The media shelves from Amazon are perfect imo

edit: one billy does work well for sort of displaying my xbox/Xbox 360 games. They are two layers thick

IMG_0769.thumb.jpg.fa655d789f65e37f42539500e2ae7ffa.jpg
IMG_0764.thumb.jpg.15cb83c24b872416dc48a83ba4a12ee1.jpg

These are the Amazon media shelves - perfect for cart and dvd and are customizable and pretty cheap. Made by Prepac. They are the 3, 2, 1 length shelves 

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 3

20191121_100504.thumb.jpg.4f1fdbaaa7a3ca761b187d261e434d0c.jpg

13 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

If you own your home, built-in shelves have the cleanest appearance. I used the entire upper portion of a wall in my media room. All the components are off the shelf from Home Depot including the white planks which I cut to 10 feet.

IMG_20191111_141517.jpg

Ya, i like the white shelves, i have a few myself, but i have a small problem with them. this my sound weird but i like my games lined up perfectly. i find since there is no backing to the white shelves its harder to make them look tight. Anyways, here is a picture of my current set up. As you can see im out of room. maybe i should just sell some of my stuff? 

• Like 2

On 11/19/2019 at 9:34 PM, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Still alphabetically.

I have lots of split series:

• The Legend Of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure Of Link

• Wizards & Warriors
  • Ironsword: Wizards & Warriors II
  • Wizards & Warriors III

There's one that's really weird, I think it's Bases Loaded 1-4:

• Bases Loaded
  • Bases Loaded 3
  • Bases Loaded 4
  • Bases Loaded II: The Second Season

.....because the letter I is alphabetically after 3.

9 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Still alphabetically.

I have lots of split series:

• The Legend Of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure Of Link

• Wizards & Warriors
  • Ironsword: Wizards & Warriors II
  • Wizards & Warriors III

There's one that's really weird, I think it's Bases Loaded 1-4:

• Bases Loaded
  • Bases Loaded 3
  • Bases Loaded 4
  • Bases Loaded II: The Second Season

.....because the letter I is alphabetically after 3.

You monster 

• Like 1