IGNORED

Analogue Pocket - Will game prices rise?

Will prices on NGPC, GG, or Lynx games rise when Analogue Pocket is released?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Will game prices on NGPC, Game Gear,, or Lynx rise?

• YES. Renewed interest in these systems will cause a price increase.
    • NO. There is not enough demand, people, or interest.

21 minutes ago, Californication said:

The Analogue SG increased the prices of Genesis stuff substantially. It brought a lot of people to the Genesis market. That beimg said, the Pocket library is not the Geneis lobrary and the Genesis had a very low entry level before the new interest arose.

Did that timing not correlate with a broader release of some other rerelease Genesis system, though?

1 hour ago, Californication said:

The Analogue SG increased the prices of Genesis stuff substantially. It brought a lot of people to the Genesis market. That beimg said, the Pocket library is not the Geneis lobrary and the Genesis had a very low entry level before the new interest arose.

It really did increase Genesis prices. Look on pricecharting and you can see a lot of games spiked around March/April 2019. You can also see game prices increase at the exact point any "Metal Jesus ZOMG RARE GEMZz!!!" videos upload. Bleh... it sucks. Hop on the bandwagon everybody!

1 hour ago, arch_8ngel said:

Did that timing not correlate with a broader release of some other rerelease Genesis system, though?

It did. But the gains in price were made after the release of the Mega SG and prior to the release of Sega mini. 

This is important because At games released Sega consoles prior to the Sega Mini and Mega SG that did not affect the Genesis market. You might say the newer Genesis mini had a larger marketing budget that renewed Sega interest, but I don't think that was the catalyst.. 

The Mega SG was announced, new people like myself came to the market, my local video game stores actually created Genesis sections that were not there before because of demand, and this increased the popularity further, because of access.  

Edited by Californication

7 minutes ago, Californication said:

It did. But the gains in price were made after the release of the Mega SG and prior to the release of Sega mini. 

This is important because At games released Sega consoles prior to the Sega Mini and Mega SG that did not affect the Genesis market. You might say the newer Genesis mini had a larger marketing budget that renewed Sega interest, but I don't think that was the catalyst.. 

The Mega SG was announced, new people like myself came to the market, my local video game stores actually created Genesis sections that were not there before because of demand, and this increased the popularity further, because of access.  

The news around the newer Genesis Mini was on the heels of the success of the Nintendo plug-in consoles, though.

It was definitely more widely anticipated, and would have had broader recognition than stuff from Analogue (in terms of the "everyman" buyer) I would think.

Maybe Analogue is way better known than I give them credit for, though.

I mean you are right about the timing of the Mini releases, but I don't think ihe general public increased the value of Geneis games.I don't think new people entering the video game market caused prices to shift.

I don't think obscure titles would have increased the way they did except from collectors.

I think that people already collecting other systems turned towards Genesis and opened their eyes. If a couple people can shift the price of a single video game through. Ebay through collusion then the people already collecting video games can shift the market through natural demand.

Edited by Californication

On 10/30/2019 at 10:16 PM, phart010 said:

$200 is not a lot... FOR US.

For the casual person, who doesn’t care about perfect emulation and accurate sound, $200 is too much considering there are Chinese clones with all of the games preloaded for less than $50.

That said, there’s not enough of us who are willing to pay $200 for his thing to have an impact on the market price of game gear, neo geo pocket and Lynx cartridges 

We all have to learn we have to work for our stuff. If you wanna buy a game gear, gameboy, neo geo pocket, and lynx its gonna cost over 200 dollars. Analogue has been known to have the best quality stuff in the clone market and are quite expensive to buy most of their clone systems now, so 200 dollars seems like nothing to me. To me, though imma stay with the ghosting game gear, the nice advance sp, thicc lynx, and the neo geo pocket on hardware is the only way to really play it

On 10/21/2019 at 11:16 PM, epiclotus said:

Yeah, GG is especially rough.  I've got one that looks pretty decent, but I like the look of the LCD mods (McWill mod).  I'm more apt to go for something like that because then I'm still holding a Game Gear in my hands, just improved and tweaked a bit.  Atari Lynx, I think, has similar issues.  AGS-101 GBA's are amazing.  Best thing to ever happen to the whole GB line.

I got my wife a game gear with a McWill mod and its outstanding. 

• Like 1