IGNORED

Wata games on Oskar Atlantic shelves.

Domuhnator

Does anyone have any Wata stuff currently sitting on any of the oskar atlantic series sheves?

Im getting new shelves for my office and want to display some wata stuff but im not sure how they would fit into the oskars. I havent ever owned any and from what I can see online the inside shelf's are only 4.5 inches wide. Does anyone have any pics of Wata stuff with 3d tops on the Oskars?

They redesigned the Oskars about 5 or 6 years ago and reduced the shelf size even further. I think they're perfect for for CIBs but they'd be too skinny for Wata. You could theoretically put them on the shelves but they'd overhang a lot. Maybe compare the dimensions of an Oskar to an IKEA Billy if going for store bought.

Yea looking at dimensions for the 1080 its says its 4.5 inches deep but the 756 its says 6.5 inches deep. So I wasnt sure if that was a typo or if its really the case. If so the 756 should theoretically work. 

outside dims 

40.13" W x 9.13" D x 71.38"

inside dims

12.5" W x 4.5" D x 5.25

11.5" W x 6.5" D x 5.75"

37.25" W x 7.10" D x 60.50" H

Edited by Domuhnator

1 hour ago, Domuhnator said:

Yea looking at dimensions for the 1080 its says its 4.5 inches deep but the 756 its says 6.5 inches deep. So I wasnt sure if that was a typo or if its really the case. If so the 756 should theoretically work. 

outside dims 

40.13" W x 9.13" D x 71.38"

inside dims

12.5" W x 4.5" D x 5.25

11.5" W x 6.5" D x 5.75"

37.25" W x 7.10" D x 60.50" H

I don't think that's the case after the redesign in 2013/2014.

The shelves used to have full deepness to them.  Now they are recessed and a full inch or more shorter.  Look at the Amazon pic on the 756 you referenced:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0058O8GPY/ref=psdc_3236443011_t1_B0058O8GWW

You'll see that the very middle "shelf" is full depth.  That's the fixed anchor point.  The adjustable shelves though, look how significantly recesssed they are.  Your Wata games would overhang a lot on those and I wouldn't feel secure with it myself.

7 hours ago, jonebone said:

I don't think that's the case after the redesign in 2013/2014.

The shelves used to have full deepness to them.  Now they are recessed and a full inch or more shorter.  Look at the Amazon pic on the 756 you referenced:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0058O8GPY/ref=psdc_3236443011_t1_B0058O8GWW

You'll see that the very middle "shelf" is full depth.  That's the fixed anchor point.  The adjustable shelves though, look how significantly recesssed they are.  Your Wata games would overhang a lot on those and I wouldn't feel secure with it myself.

yea I saw they were recessed. I think ill end up getting one for CIB's and go from there. Thanks for the info. 

7 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

No way. The shelves are thinner than a DVD case (recent Oskar 1080s, not sure about older ones or 756). Even regular DVDs overhang by a few millimeters. Bookcases like the IKEA Billy are good if you have room, since they're typically too deep for uncased games.

Ill take a look into the Billys! Thanks! I was just trying to find something with the little pocket shelves like the oskars. I like the look of all the little compartments. 

58 minutes ago, Domuhnator said:

Ill take a look into the Billys! Thanks! I was just trying to find something with the little pocket shelves like the oskars. I like the look of all the little compartments. 

Yeah I recommended Billy in the 1st response, those are very popular and well made.

@MrWunderful Dont you use Billys?

35 minutes ago, jonebone said:

Yeah I recommended Billy in the 1st response, those are very popular and well made.

@MrWunderful Dont you use Billys?

Opps sorry I missed that when you said billys. 

23 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

@jonebone I do. 

Op how were you going to display? Ill take a pic, I have some wata games.  

I dont have a ton of graded stuff so I was going to start with them facing out slightly angled. But as I get more and need more space turning them fully sideways and lining them up. Which is where the oskars work. I wanted to have some Cib's on the same unit as well but I might have to get two separate units since the watas wont fit sideways on the Oskars. 

I am liking this thread even though I don't have any graded games, really nice to hear some shelf talk because I need a couple of em.

I was looking toward oskars for the bulk of my stuff but I really like the look of some of the Ikea ones with the doors as accents, and they look like they are great for switch games.

Ok so the 464 came in today and its actually not bad for the Wata stuff. If I put them fully sideways theres a little overhang but its not nearly as much as I was expecting. The shelf on the 464 is actually the full 6 inches wide. If I slant the games slightly they look really nice and doing two per cubbie I should be able to get 16 per 464. But honestly I think ill end up going 3 per cubbie for a total of 24, Plus a few on the top. 

The 1080 comes in tomorrow. Most likely that will just be for Cib's assuming its got the recessed 4.5 inch shelves like in all the pics. 

wata oskar.jpg

wata oskar (2).jpg

wata oskar (3).jpg

Edited by Domuhnator
  • Like 1