IGNORED

Movie Debate #87: Speed

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT historical significance

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. You like to recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • Never seen it, but you're interested.
    • Never seen it, never will.

I watched this movie so much as a kid.  For an action film it's pretty good.  Honestly if you've never seen it before I think it's very much a great movie to watch.  But once you watched it one you know the twists and it's not as good then.  Years later I think it's still a good solid 8/10.  

tumblr_lzl2j55WjF1r34xmno3_250.gifv

Jeff Daniels is always forgotten about being in this movie and it's a shame.

• Agree 1

As a kid I really enjoyed this movie, but this is not the type of movie that gets better the more you watch it.  I might watch it again if I catch it on TV and I have nothing else to do.

Also, I prefer the Simpson's title to the movie.  

And yes, Jeff Daniels part in this movie is definitely overlooked.  

Edited by TDIRunner

This movie was stupid.  It's ok if you like it despite it being stupid - no judgment here - but let's not pretend this movie has any lasting value.

Stupidest thing about it?  Dennis Hopper's character constantly held his phone across to his other ear because he was missing a thumb.  He could, you know, hold it to his other ear.

Edited by glazball

6 minutes ago, glazball said:

This movie was stupid.  It's ok if you like it despite it being stupid - no judgment here - but let's not pretend this movie has any lasting value.

Stupidest thing about it?  Dennis Hopper's character constantly held his phone across to his other ear because he was missing a thumb.  He could, you know, use his other hand.

I enjoyed the movie personally, but this right here is the stupidest thing about it.  Perhaps among the most stupidest things I've ever seen in all of movies; seriously, who puts aluminum cans in a baby carriage of all things??

• 1 year later...