IGNORED

NES controller inquiry

mbd39

I just got a NES controller from ebay. I've been using this other controller since 2020. The left dpad button was becoming less responsive. I tried taking apart and cleaning, and now it's the down button that's not quite responsive enough, but it's not terrible. I suspect that the membrane is wearing out though. So I decided to get a new controller from the internet.

I bought from a seller that has a great reputation and I have 30 days to return. The description says that the item is a genuine original NES controller that has only been gently used. It's also listed as OEM and "NOS" which apparently means new old stock. The thing is, the dpad is a bit stiff. I especially notice when pressing diagonals in a game like Contra. I've wondered if the  membrane was replaced with a decent after market membrane, but this is not specified in the description, and I haven't opened to check.

Is it normal for a NES dpad to be a little stiff if it was never used much? Does it require breaking in? Not sure I want to do anything if this is normal.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic