IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Ice Hockey

BeaIank

41 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I scored 33 goals in the first period this morning, but I fall apart in the second period going right to left, then the third period I lost the puck a bunch of times.  Honestly, I think a perfect game for me would break 100, but knowing what to do and executing are two entirely different kettles of fish.  I'm going to try a couple of more times today...

Same thing happens to me going right to left in the second period. I'll score 30+ in the first only to get in the low 20s during the second and have to try to rally in the third just to finish in the mid 70s. I think I could get into the 80s even with a decent second period, but I doubt I'm going to have enough time to manage it by tonight.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

5 hours ago, Richardhead said:

Doug, nes and myself over here battling it out for 4th place😜

Seeing the 80+ scores took the wind out of my sail. Havent played again today and likely wont. It felt like a near perfect game would get me 75-0. Knowing that even that wont make a podium, my efforts will be better served elsewhere. Was fun pouring in goals though 

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
4 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Seeing the 80+ scores took the wind out of my sail. Havent played again today and likely wont. It felt like a near perfect game would get me 75-0. Knowing that even that wont make a podium, my efforts will be better served elsewhere. Was fun pouring in goals though 

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Same here. I got one more game in. Did well enough, but I’m not hitting 80 either. 
I am ahead of that Skyline chili eating freak for now though.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

Current standings posted.
Next week is break week and I will use it to figure good, fun, fast rules for the second round of games.

Really looking forward to the next batch of games.

Level 5 Palamedes makes it go much faster than starting at level 1.

One loop is good for Popeye, like we did with the tournament.

I'm not sure about NG2 other than suggesting that it be one life rules. The point pressing aspect is annoying though.

I hope 1943 is normal rules even though it's a long game and a bit of a time sink.  It's so good that it's worth it.

Events Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I'm not sure about NG2 other than suggesting that it be one life rules. The point pressing aspect is annoying though.

Sadly, there is no stage selection cheat for it or we could do no death Jacquio runs.
I will likely bring in something akin to the Super Mario Bros rules for it this time around.

4 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

Sadly, there is no stage selection cheat for it or we could do no death Jacquio runs.
I will likely bring in something akin to the Super Mario Bros rules for it this time around.

You could do a high score/progress kind of deal like you did with Battletoads last time.

Events Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

You could do a high score/progress kind of deal like you did with Battletoads last time.

It is sort of the plan. Use the first 3 stages for that, one life so it isn't too time consuming.

1 hour ago, Richardhead said:

Same here. I got one more game in. Did well enough, but I’m not hitting 80 either. 
I am ahead of that Skyline chili eating freak for now though.

I'm done. I was up 56-0 going into the third period with a solid shot at 80+ and completely blew it. I think burnout is setting in at this point.

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

At least my 73 point effort will hopefully be good enough for fourth place.

3 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm done. I was up 56-0 going into the third period with a solid shot at 80+ and completely blew it. I think burnout is setting in at this point.

I was up 60-0 going into the third….. I’m Definitely burnt out too. I’m gonna give it another go or two before it’s done. I really want to hit 80.

Okay, I'm done with this game.  I tried to break 100, even had a 40 goal second period, but I've had enough.  Hopefully my screencap on the first page is enough for all y'all because I really don't want to spend the time and effort of uploading the gigantic video files to youtube (that I recorded to prove I'd broken 100, which I didn't end up doing... 😢)

Administrator · Posted
6 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Okay, I'm done with this game.  I tried to break 100, even had a 40 goal second period, but I've had enough.  Hopefully my screencap on the first page is enough for all y'all because I really don't want to spend the time and effort of uploading the gigantic video files to youtube (that I recorded to prove I'd broken 100, which I didn't end up doing... 😢)

Good job, man. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Richardhead said:

Well damn. I’m definitely out of my element here. I guess it’s kind of like a shooter?

A907130B-A009-4CD7-AF4E-569FB783AD23.gif.466a246a40b9242bb729d7d8828dc947.gif

8 hours ago, Richardhead said:

Eh. I’ve been average at best my whole life at just aboot everything I do. You get used to it 😂

@docile tapeworm doesn’t call him Ti83 for nothing ya know.

@Reed Rothchild once told me he quit playing in the weekly contest because he knew he couldn’t win. Aka rage quit.

I have to admit I don’t expect to win anymore. I thought I had a good shot at isolated warrior but wasn’t surprised when I actually got my ass handed to me.

8 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

I have to admit I don’t expect to win anymore. I thought I had a good shot at isolated warrior but wasn’t surprised when I actually got my ass handed to me.

Your score was 97.56% of Gloves score in Isolated Warrior.  I wouldn't classify that as getting your ass handed to you.  Just sayin'.  You did well.  And there are still 3 shooters left...

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

A907130B-A009-4CD7-AF4E-569FB783AD23.gif.466a246a40b9242bb729d7d8828dc947.gif

@Reed Rothchild once told me he quit playing in the weekly contest because he knew he couldn’t win. Aka rage quit.

Yeah. Going in knowing your best isn’t going to cut it, can be frustrating. I did know going into this week that there would be some record breaking scores. I’m really only playing for now because it gives me a little something different to do while I’m not working. I don’t expect to win anything in this contest anymore😂

At some point it’ll only be a couple ringers playing regularly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richardhead said:

I was up 60-0 going into the third….. I’m Definitely burnt out too. I’m gonna give it another go or two before it’s done. I really want to hit 80.

I actually did it, so I'm pulling for you. I coughed the puck up with about 15 seconds on the clock and luckily I blocked the shot or I would have been really irate if I scored 81 goals and ended up with a final score of 79.

• Like 1