IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Ice Hockey

BeaIank

3 hours ago, Gloves said:

The game was ahead of it's time, this was 2010:

D4Y23UAWEBEIZIQYZLDH47CYGQ

jim halpert GIF

"The 2010 Team Canada jersey's consisted of the throwback 'Ice Hockey' colours, as an homage to the NES classic." wrote one newspaper journalist of this once in a lifetime video game reference. 

Might even belong here: 50 years of Video Games in Movies, TV, and Music. TV still counts....???

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RH said:

I did terrible and managed a participation score of 4 (12-8), but I didn’t get my phone out fast enough.  Seriously, this must have been a single frame or two.

You can still pause the game after the final whistle. The score does flash, so you might have to hit the button a few times. If you press starts as soon as the game ends, you should have plenty of time to stop it with your score showing if you miss on the first try.

55 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

You can still pause the game after the final whistle. The score does flash, so you might have to hit the button a few times. If you press starts as soon as the game ends, you should have plenty of time to stop it with your score showing if you miss on the first try.

Yeah, I'm sure.  I tend to try to not have my kids around when I'm seriously playing for these competitions, but I didn't want to kick out my son when he came into my office and I hadn't been around him much.

When my kids are in the office/man cave, they get a bit over-excited because it's always like being in a candy store to them, so I was thinking less about getting a score and more about calming my kid down from jumping on the couch when I won. Lol.

Also, he was upstairs when I started playing and my office is in the basement.  He came running down the stairs and barged in and said he knew I was playing because he could hear the "whistle" of the CRT.  Lol.  There's not hiding when you're using one of these things.  There never has been.  I remember always knowing when my parents were watching TV too, even if I was on the opposite end of the house.

On 5/1/2023 at 1:34 PM, Richardhead said:

Doubt 56 would win the week. I finally broke the 70 mark. Probably the best I’ve got for the week. I just can’t stop those pesky Yanks from scoring once or twice.

You deserve a win, but at the same time, I kinda want to beat you for tying my personal best and technically outscoring me. 🤣

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

You deserve a win, but at the same time, I kinda want to beat you for tying my personal best and technically outscoring me. 🤣

By all means.

Someone will hit 80 and beat both of our bests anyways. 

Edited by Richardhead

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Thanks for staying one goal behind me so I can feel like I've still got some skill left after my win last week.

I was on a really good pace and just blew up 2nd half of the third period. Letting the goal in is the biggest ass chapper though. Couldnt get back in rhythm after that, but I will be trying again.

Richies score is going to be really tough to beat. Playing really well, seems like I get about 20 goals in a period. Executing perfectly face off to goal seems to take 12 seconds. But once you lose the puck, all bets are off.

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

I was on a really good pace and just blew up 2nd half of the third period. Letting the goal in is the biggest ass chapper though. Couldnt get back in rhythm after that, but I will be trying again.

Richies score is going to be really tough to beat. Playing really well, seems like I get about 20 goals in a period. Executing perfectly face off to goal seems to take 12 seconds. But once you lose the puck, all bets are off.

Well, your score is behind me like your Cardinals compared to the Reds. You think a score that I already tied years ago is "tough to beat"? I dunno where @BriGuy82 is, but either one of us could win this thing.