IGNORED

Super Mario Bros press/demo release?

wyansas

9 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Of you could just up and go F yourself.  Stop playing revisionist history to make a name for yourself, it's sad.

I just want to make sure comments like this dont get deleted by poster. Hopefully these posts are attached with a warning, because I got “warned” for less than this.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

I just want to make sure comments like this dont get deleted by poster. Hopefully these posts are attached with a warning, because I got “warned” for less than this.

Come on man, I think we're all better than any of this. It's no secret who doesn't get along with whom on these forums, either for political reasons, past grudges, personal disputes regarding collecting/gaming/grading, etc.

I feel confident that the moderators took appropriate action where needed, and in my humble opinion, posts like the one I'm quoting just feel targeted and bound to fan more flames.

I'm personally tired of all of the petty bickering and fighting amongst members here, as a whole, we all can be doing better.

• Haha 1

On 4/28/2023 at 6:36 PM, MrWunderful said:

Feel free, I know what I'm doing, just like you do too.  Yes I chose to drop the ignore as I had a feeling seeing daves response you couldn't help yourself.  it's sad you know you're blocked yet you continue to just keep playing poke the bear antics.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Feel free, I know what I'm doing, just like you do too.  Yes I chose to drop the ignore as I had a feeling seeing daves response you couldn't help yourself.  it's sad you know you're blocked yet you continue to just keep playing poke the bear antics.

If you dont want to have something quoted, don’t post it. Thank you ❤️

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted

My goodness folks, can you just stop already.

Seriously.

I already addressed the comment, and took care of that.  We don't need to then go on with MORE back and forth nonsense about said comment, which I already addressed publicly *and* privately.

It's no secret that you two have trouble...getting along.  So please, for the rest of this community, try to put your nonsense aside and either move on, ignore each other if you so choose, or stop dragging things out unnecessarily.

Let's get this thread back on track - it's about a Mario Prototype, not about continuing a feud. 

We don't need a "but he said..."  We don't need a "one last thing..."  We don't need a "I'm gonna quote this to cement it here" or anything else regarding the above comments, so just drop it and move on.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, spacepup said:

Seriously.

I already addressed the comment, and took care of that.  We don't need to then go on with MORE back and forth nonsense about said comment, which I already addressed publicly *and* privately.

It's no secret that you two have trouble...getting along.  So please, for the rest of this community, try to put your nonsense aside and either move on, ignore each other if you so choose, or stop dragging things out unnecessarily.

Let's get this thread back on track - it's about a Mario Prototype, not about continuing a feud. 

We don't need a "but he said..."  We don't need a "one last thing..."  We don't need a "I'm gonna quote this to cement it here" or anything else regarding the above comments, so just drop it and move on.

And suddenly I feel like you are going to have a Dark Helmet moment. 😅

But yeah... The photos shown remind me of the certified prototype copy of Earthbound that was shown in my favorite VGA investigation article. And while the board used is different from Acclaim's prototype copy of TROG!, there are a few details that match up to the Harvest Moon prototype board.

Different systems, sure, but I am also going to question the legitimacy of this. Too much energy and the ones that should have some type of information to give a valid conclusion is Nintendo.

So really this is a retail sample. It's cool for what it is, I'd like to have it but I wouldn't really pay much for it. I have a The Ultimate Stuntman which is just a retail game with an internal text label that doesn't really add much value.

How did he get this? That's a story I'd be interested in hearing.

1 hour ago, spacepup said:

Seriously.

I get it and this is said here not PM just to be transparent.  Go back through the months of this I've had that ignore up, yet the one sided childish rantings continue and I only catch wind on a quote of a quote or someone tells me.  I'm just over taking hits from people, especially those who have no self control.  I agree this should never have been derailed and should have stayed about the prototype.  None of this for months now, many, would happen if the poke the bear antics would just stop.  The real question here now is simple, it's not us two have trouble, I'm fine leaving him on ignore, yet that shit perpetuates still as I've had that ignore up I think at least a year now.  Think about that a moment, if one person had a block up, the other still shovels shit...who really is to blame?

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

So really this is a retail sample. It's cool for what it is, I'd like to have it but I wouldn't really pay much for it. I have a The Ultimate Stuntman which is just a retail game with an internal text label that doesn't really add much value.

How did he get this? That's a story I'd be interested in hearing.

I'll cement it here for posterity sake, if the owner does decide to sell at some point in the future, I'll pay more than either Code Monkey or the OP wyansas for it. 

Different note, it's funny how I'm the only one here who knew the legitimacy of this thing, yet I'm not "the expert". I've just been around enough to know, on these types of things.

As for the origin story, no, you really wouldn't find it interesting, little to it really.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Different note, it's funny how I'm the only one here who knew the legitimacy of this thing, yet I'm not "the expert". I've just been around enough to know, on these types of things.

Welcome to the club. All I can say is that type of attitude is why I don't voice my opinion about VGA as much as I could have. And also why I ended up quitting the Dragon Quest fandom as a whole while I was gone. At the end of the day, the amount of time and energy I put into studying both did not matter to those who just play and collect. 😩

Plus, I am not going to question what you are saying. You know the seller, which makes me wonder if the photos are of the actual product. Or if they have a habit of doing a bait and switch. Kind of like the fact I believe this one PS3 title I sold for $10 might have been a resealed copy. But chose not to say when he ignored the rarity of another game I sold him.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

I really hate locking threads, but several of you have proven that you can't seem to keep from derailing this thread or getting off-topic / inappropriate in some way or another.

If you'd like to discuss prototypes, like this one or another, please try again and next time please stay on topic and respectful of each other and everyone else.

• Agree 1

• The topic was locked