IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Isolated Warrior!

BeaIank

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Mine is a Sanyo. Got it over 10 years ago from a yard sale for $10 and it still works!

7 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Nice mine is from a coworker - free! It was his from childhood, his mom happens to live a minute up the road from me. 😮

Mine I got at the goodwill for $10 and it’s a princess tv.

• Haha 2

My really vintage TV that I have my NES proper hooked up to came from a Grandparent.  The GE Spacemaker with the Retron and the built in VHS player that I've been using a lot more often lately I got off of a free pile.  That's right, I got 'em both for the correct price: $0 !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

@PII why do you have a towel underneath your tv?

It's to keep the base from making a permanent impression.  What looks like the actual table top are some pads that sit on top of the table and they are semi-soft.

...so it's sort of like how somebody a long time ago realized it would be a good idea to create  a cover for a book to protect the content and then a few hundred years later some other guy decided: 'Books need dust jackets!'...

Edited by PII
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Oof, just checked and the next shooter is one I don't like, AND it's the week of my move. That'll be a rough one. 

Damn dude, I mean I’ll take the advantage but it’s nice playing against you fully. I respect all the competition in here… but man…. There ain’t nothing like going up against the human calculator. 

48 minutes ago, PII said:

It's to keep the base from making a permanent impression.  What looks like the actual table top are some pads that sit on top of the table and they are semi-soft.

...so it's sort of like how somebody a long time ago realized it would be a good idea to create  a cover for a book to protect the content and then a few hundred years later some other guy decided: 'Books need dust jackets!'...

What is a book dust jacket….. come to think of it…. What’s a book?

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Damn dude, I mean I’ll take the advantage but it’s nice playing against you fully. I respect all the competition in here… but man…. There ain’t nothing like going up against the human calculator. 

I'll do my best to participate, but there's no honest guarantee since I'm moving 3 provinces away. My stuff might be in boxes in a warehouse waiting to ship for the whole week if I'm unlucky. Fingers crossed! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Ugh.  It's like a long magazine.  A magazine by the way is like the internet on paper...

Oddly, while I don't find it all that difficult to believe that you've forgotten what a book is, I know you must have seen "Back To The Future II."  Remember the sports almanac?  It had a dust jacket around it.  The woman who sold it to Marty at the vintage store mentioned that.  Then he thought he got it back from Biff/Strickland's office only to find that he'd only gotten the dust jacket wrapped around Biff's copy of Oh, Là là!

Dust Jacket.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Morbis said:

That sounds funny coming from a guy who squeaked out a one point victory in the shooter genre once in like a decade's worth of attempts...  just saying... 😉

ha ha ha! “Once” now that is funny. Two time champ and tied another time with bertwaaaamson. Besides that it’s only been 8 years.

last year I got snubbed! Top gun?! C’mon!

THE MORBID/WORMO PERSPECTIVE

A Hypothetical Conversation That Might Have Taken Place On A Weekly Basis This Year Had The Shooter-Point-Tie Occurred Last Season:

Wormy: Blah, blah, blah; Shooter Champ here, blah, blah…

Morbo: Blah, blah, blah; Real Shooter Champ here, blah..

Wormy: Blah, blah; We tied, blah.

Morbo: Blah; on shooter points and on medals received yes but I had the higher points overall so per the rules the win went to me! …. blah.

Wormy: Yeah, that’s what I said; we tied.

Morbo: We did not.

Wormy: Did so.

Morbo: I won.

Wormy: We tied.

Morbo: There’s no point in arguing so you may as well accept it.

Wormy: I did your mom last night.

Morbo: Good, she needed the attention and I’ll be informing your wife, by the way.

Wormy: I will kill your dog.

Morbo: I already did, just to spite you!

Wormy: We tied.

Morbo: Didn’t

Wormy: Did

Morbo: …blah…

Wormy: …blah, blah…

……………………………….

……………………..

……………

….

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, PII said:

Probably the only time you've heard that word before is just before being loaded into the local Paddy Wagon.

That’s only happened once!

8 hours ago, PII said:

It's that thing in your house on the floor that you've been using as a doorstop..

Book is another word for boot?

8 hours ago, PII said:

Don't worry, I'm sure one of these days you'll muster up the courage to finish "Everybody Poops."  Don't worry everything comes out all right in the end...

Oooooohhhhh that’s a book! I prefer “goodnight moon” or “the reason for a flower”. Other good books include “nigh , night dinosnores” and “lions lullaby”.

• Like 1