IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Isolated Warrior!

BeaIank

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the 2016 thread and scores. It looks like around 2,200,000 is about right for a single loop if you're good. Skinny got first place by burning lives which is impossible this week.

https://archive.nes.science/nintendoage-forums/nintendoage.com/forum/messageviewf73f.html?catid=31&threadid=165073

Edited by mbd39

4 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I'm already happy to have a score over a million. Maybe I can beat this deathless, I dunno.

You can do it! Wwwwwwooooo! Let’s go Michael!!!! C’mon baby!

1 minute ago, mbd39 said:

Here's the 2016 thread and scores. It looks like around 2,200,000 is about right for a single loop if you're good. Skinny got first place by burning lives which is impossible this week.

https://archive.nes.science/nintendoage-forums/nintendoage.com/forum/messageviewf73f.html?catid=31&threadid=165073

It’s gonna be tight at the top. 50k probably separate 1-3 maybe 1-5 depending on who plays.

Just now, docile tapeworm said:

You can do it! Wwwwwwooooo! Let’s go Michael!!!! C’mon baby!

I don't know if it will make much difference in my leaderboard spot, if any. I expect the top two scores to be over two million and then a big drop off. But it would be a cool accomplishment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

That what’s tough about broken games with point press areas. It might come down to who was a little sloppy = got more points.

Yeah, how long it will take to beat level 6 boss might factor into it. Level 2 boss shouldn't have any accidental point pressing at all.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

That what’s tough about broken games with point press areas. It might come down to who was a little sloppy = got more points.

Lol, we should have hybrid rules.  If you can't beat the the game--you want the highest score possible.  If you can beat the game and loop once, you want the lowest score possible. 🤔😖🤔😖🤔😖

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RH said:

Lol, we should have hybrid rules.  If you can't beat the the game--you want the highest score possible.  If you can beat the game and loop once, you want the lowest score possible. 🤔😖🤔😖🤔😖

Lol nah low score for shooters is just not fun to play. 

the only thing I could think of is a rule stating “you can’t press more than x points out of this area”.

Edited by docile tapeworm

23 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Lol nah low score for shooters is just not fun to play. 

the only thing I could think of is a rule stating “you can’t press more than x points out of this area”.

One option is to just allow point pressing and set a max score and disqualify anything above that, like we did for Gyruss. But then it's progress/high score so that weak players can't point press their way to first place.

Edited by mbd39

I wasn't intending to push the discussion further in this direction.  I was joking about separating those of us who can't hang from those of you who can.  Lol.

But if this game is too broken and you guys don't trust each other on being sloppy in your game play intentionally, well then by all means...

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

34 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

One option is to just allow point pressing and set a max score and disqualify anything above that, like we did for Gyruss. But then it's progress/high score so that weak players can't point press their way to first place.

But then we would just have ties for first.

29 minutes ago, RH said:

I wasn't intending to push the discussion further in this direction.  I was joking about separating those of us who can't hang from those of you who can.  Lol.

But if this game is too broken and you guys don't trust each other on being sloppy in your game play intentionally, well then by all means...

It’s not a trust issue. I don’t think anyone is going to be intentionally sloppy but it could happen accidentally.

• Thanks 1