IGNORED

Longtime Gamer and Collector, First-time Poster

Hello everyone! I've been collecting retro video games since the mid 2000s. I first played the NES at an age earlier than I can even remember and have been hooked ever since. Even now the vast majority of my gaming time is taken up by NES games, as I'm currently on a quest to beat every game released in North America without savestates or cheats.

My licensed NA NES cart collection is 4 games short of being complete. I come from an age when garage sales and thrift stores reigned supreme, and thus dropping what was at the time relatively large amounts of money on those rarer titles just didn't make sense to me. "But I could find it at the thrift store tomorrow!" I'd say. Well, I've certainly learned my lesson now. 😛

Otherwise, I enjoy collecting for and playing games from just about any console. From Nintendo to Sega to Atari to NEC. I document a lot of my adventures in gaming on my YouTube channel, where I also have a room tour:

It's great to see everyone here having fun and staying in touch the old fashioned way. I've always preferred message boards to social media. So thank you for keepin' it retro, and I look forward to seeing you around. 🙂

• Like 6

2 hours ago, TheGameDisplay said:

It's great to see everyone here having fun and staying in touch the old fashioned way. I've always preferred message boards to social media.

I feel the same way. Here we can have long-running conversations, in a way that makes sense because the format doesn't mix things up and leave things out in service of an algorithm. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Link said:

I feel the same way. Here we can have long-running conversations, in a way that makes sense because the format doesn't mix things up and leave things out in service of an algorithm. 

I cannot stomach trying to sift through that most relevant Facebook mess.  What an absolute disease that place is.

Oh Yeah.  Welcome guy.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...