IGNORED

VGS April 1st 2023 Contest [ENDED]

ZeldaFreak

4 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Doing great so far guys, keep it up! Remember that even if you can't get a score that places you in the top 3, there's still a chance you could win the prize anyway so it's worth it just to get your name on the leaderboard! Only a couple days left to do so!

I finally hit the million point mark, but I'm not sure how much I can improve by tomorrow night.

13 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Great score! I couldn't break 2 million back when I had an actual cart and played it quite a bit.

Thank you! The tetris parts may be set with the mario score but jesus fuck it's a pain in the ass with the dog bone controller. So so tiny (it's all I have at the moment)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Avgn Gamer said:

Thank you! The tetris parts may be set with the mario score but jesus fuck it's a pain in the ass with the dog bone controller. So so tiny (it's all I have at the moment)

I'm using a dogbone with my AVS because my two regular controllers are boxed up with my original NES. I definitely like the standard buttons better.

Events Team · Posted

Seems like AVGN has secured a pretty comfortable first place position on the leaderboard, but we'll see if anyone else comes in with any surprise last minute scores. And being in first doesn't necessarily mean you're guaranteed to win the prize, of course!

Quick reminder that the contest will end at midnight tonight, so get those scores in while you can!

Events Team · Posted

The moment of truth has arrived. But first! With a score of 1,964,360... BIG CONGRATULATIONS to your VGS 2023 NWC Champion, @Avgn Gamer!

And now for the prize drawing.  We had a total of 52 entries based on rank as follows.

1. Avgn Gamer -  10 tickets 
  2. RegularGuyGamer - 9 tickets
  3. Bearcat-Doug - 8 tickets
  4. koifish -  7 tickets
  5. Dr. Morbis - 6 tickets
  6. CT - 5 tickets
  7. BlackVega - 4 tickets
  8. matthughson - 3 tickets

And the winner of the TOTALLY AUTHENTIC, TOTALLY ORIGINAL, DEFINITELY 100% NOT A REPRODUCTION copy of Nintendo World Championships is... 🥁🥁

Spoiler

🥳 🥳

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

On 4/11/2023 at 5:02 AM, JamesRobot said:

The moment of truth has arrived. But first! With a score of 1,964,360... BIG CONGRATULATIONS to your VGS 2023 NWC Champion, @Avgn Gamer!

And now for the prize drawing.  We had a total of 52 entries based on rank as follows.

1. Avgn Gamer -  10 tickets 
  2. RegularGuyGamer - 9 tickets
  3. Bearcat-Doug - 8 tickets
  4. koifish -  7 tickets
  5. Dr. Morbis - 6 tickets
  6. CT - 5 tickets
  7. BlackVega - 4 tickets
  8. matthughson - 3 tickets

And the winner of the TOTALLY AUTHENTIC, TOTALLY ORIGINAL, DEFINITELY 100% NOT A REPRODUCTION copy of Nintendo World Championships is... 🥁🥁

Hide contents

🥳 🥳

Now we know who got richer by +100,000$

• Agree 1

On 4/10/2023 at 11:02 PM, JamesRobot said:

@Bearcat-Doug

🥳 🥳

I can't believe it, but the mailman must have swapped my totally authentic NWC cart with a RetroUSB repro hoping that I wouldn't notice. The USPS will be receiving a strongly worded email about this outrage! 🤣

The Big Lebowski Film GIF by The Good Films

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Haha 2

• The title was changed to VGS April 1st 2023 Contest [ENDED]
  • The topic was unpinned