IGNORED

Your goto 'hidden gem'?

Nintegageo

• 3 weeks later...

Star Trek Conquest for the PS2.  Fun and quick, light strategy game in the Star Trek Universe. Has an arcade mode for combat so you can actually pilot the ships. But I sucked at that part and never play it. Just spread across the galaxy trying to win with my chosen race. if you're a Star Trek or strategy game fan I say give it a try. Also fairly cheap too

On 3/29/2023 at 10:34 PM, PII said:

I presume children were not originally treated to the theme from M.A.S.H. w/ pro-suicide lyrics at the same time they got to hear Alfred's buk-buk voice and that got added later for some strange reason? ??  ???   ????     ????????

Game Overs ain't torture...they bring in many quarters...

• Confused 1

On 4/24/2023 at 2:09 AM, koifish said:
On 3/30/2023 at 12:34 AM, PII said:

I presume children were not originally treated to the theme from M.A.S.H. w/ pro-suicide lyrics at the same time they got to hear Alfred's buk-buk voice and that got added later for some strange reason? ??  ???   ????     ????????

Game Overs ain't torture...they bring in many quarters...

Are you... making some kind of apologetic statement in regard to suicide? .... ... or... this supposed to be a Zen comment or what?  Really not sure what you were going for here...

2 hours ago, PII said:

Are you... making some kind of apologetic statement in regard to suicide? .... ... or... this supposed to be a Zen comment or what?  Really not sure what you were going for here...

The chorus of the song goes "Suicide is painless
It brings on many changes"

10 hours ago, koifish said:

For reference: this is the song that is playing in the background of that Alfred Chicken video. For what reason, we may never know. This one has lyrics for your convenience.

I'm surprised PII didn't get your joke, considering he brought up the song content in the first place.

Actually.... I thought of one that I'm comfortable with sharing.....here goes....

DRAGON SPIRIT

Haha, I can't even take credit for it.... because 1) I didn't make the game and 2) never heard of it until ppl started talking about it on NA. It was always mentioned as a great shooter so I picked it up. I think it was $5. 🤣

One of my favourite games. 

You're welcome. 😎👍

• Like 2

Hidden in plain sight gem: Donkey Kong for Game Boy.

Mendel Palace for NES has been mentioned and I definitely like to recommend it.

Smart Ball on SNES.

Dragon's Fury on Genesis (Devil's Crush on TG-16)

Lost in Shadow on Wii. This game is a staple of Wii hidden gems lists, but people still overlook it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/1/2023 at 1:43 AM, Sumez said:

Man, I always found Dragon Spirit really awkward and clunky. I'd recommend the sequel any day over it 😄 

Awkward and clunky, really? 

I don't know... I use an NES Advantage and think it's pretty smooth? 🤔 Never thought of it as clunky because even the first dragon you get is relatively fast moving.

Personally I just love all the different dragon's you can turn into and the story at the start is AMAZING, so maybe I'm biased. 

Controls maybe aren't as tight as something like Legendary Wings, but I find the gameplay better and more varied...

On 5/5/2023 at 8:33 PM, RegularGuyGamer said:

TIL there's a sequel. 

Same.

I got it on TG16 because I like the game so much. 

It seems harder, but I'm not sure if that's because I'm forced to use a D-Pad. Getting the turbo is great, but I prefer using an arcade stick for shooters. 

Edited by AirVillain
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, AirVillain said:

I don't know... I use an NES Advantage and think it's pretty smooth? 🤔 Never thought of it as clunky because even the first dragon you get is relatively fast moving.

I wasn't aware there were an NES port. Gotta admit I only played the PCE one, so my impressions are based on that. 

I wonder how it handles the legendary Shinji Hosoe soundtrack 

Edited by Sumez

Funny coincidence.  I hadn't seen the NES port of Dragon Spirit in like 10 years or so when I had it last, bagged it today with a few other games.  I gave it about 10min or so, that opening I totally forgot about it and it's pretty sweet for a primer into the actual game.  It's fairly well done given the NES limitations.  Maybe it's expectation of the hardware but it feels like it holds its own with the PCE, clearly not as nice sounding or colorful, smaller sprites too due to the older hardware but it works.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Man... I have not played Dragon Spirit since my PS3 days! Especially during the times Bandai offered virtual rewards on Home if certain goals were met! I believe that I ended up getting the arcade cabinet, but was unable to get the other rewards. 😛

But these days? I should look into playing Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo! I believe the Capcom arcade app is available for the Xbox Series S, and that the game is around $2.00 USD. That is another fun arcade game that was ported on multiple consoles.

Plus, it might be more fun to play the arcade port, seeing how I now own the GBA port of that game. 🙂

• Like 1

On 5/12/2023 at 8:45 PM, AirVillain said:

Personally I just love all the different dragon's you can turn into and the story at the start is AMAZING, so maybe I'm biased. 

Controls maybe aren't as tight as something like Legendary Wings, but I find the gameplay better and more varied...

Same.

I got it on TG16 because I like the game so much. 

It seems harder, but I'm not sure if that's because I'm forced to use a D-Pad. Getting the turbo is great, but I prefer using an arcade stick for shooters. 

I've always thought this was a great game, definitely not an awkward or clunky one.

• Love 1

We Ski & Snowboard! I love skiing games, and We Ski & Snowboard in the best! The other ones are fun, but the second one was the best. ^_^

For NES I think Gumshoe is often not given enough love. Nintendo usually ignores its old NA exclusives like Gumshoe, StarTropics, Kid Icarus 2, Balloon Kid, and Wave Race Game Boy.