IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Super Mario Bros!

BeaIank

Man, I’m really itching to try again, but today is my daughter’s 12th birthday celebration and we’re heading to Charlotte to take her to see a Picasso exhibit.  I’m going to be busy all day and probably too tired to try again tonight.

It’s been fun, but we’ll see.  That’s a good score, @Gloves.  I could see you taking the lead, unless someone has a run they’re holding back to post until the 11th hour.

• Like 1

^updated score^

image.jpeg.b5e83ba2eddd8abfb15e90238e2dce77.jpeg

Not sure where else I can squeeze to get 30k more... haha.  Look forward to the smb sorcery declassification posts if anyone shares their techniques afterwards.  Be interesting to see/hear what folks are trying.  Seems there's multiple ways one can approach a good run.

This is a fun challenge!  I know I have room for improvement somewhere.

smb_score_0001.jpeg.cdc644d23cf226bce65da451ef72aa21.jpeg

Edited by nesmaster14
  • Like 2

Hey guys, I'm gonna try to get in a score.

I've been trying for the past week to beat Gradius and still having a lot of trouble with the Moai heads, and the enemies that come right after that section are also aggravating. This game is so fucking hard.

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1

7 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Hey guys, I'm gonna try to get in a score.

I've been trying for the past week to beat Gradius and still having a lot of trouble with the Moai heads, and the enemies that come right after that section are also aggravating. This game is so fucking hard.

Duuude! I missed you. Gradius is tougher than life force but you can do it. That is probably the most difficult spot.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

He kidnapped your allegiance leader?  Man, my teacher was right: commas do make a difference... 😛

lol I never learned how to use them, sometimes I’ll throw them in for esthetics but I really have no idea where they are supposed to go.

even so you still knew what I meant didn’t you 😁

53 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

I hope everyone is having fun with this rules set!

This is a really fun challenge.  It is kind of amazing how difficult it is to do things accurately/consistently in this game, even after doing them a hundred times...  Makes me realize how unique the control scheme is for this game.

• Like 1