IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Super Mario Bros!

BeaIank

56 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I offered fifty bucks, but he said they were "display only - not for sale" so I didn't bother trying to haggle...

$50 is a fair offer without remote. Some of these crt collectors are paying over $100….I probably wouldn’t sell mine for $50 though now that I think about it lol.

18 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

there should absolutely be style points!

Yeah!, maybe we could call them float points and there could be a panel of 1 Judges consisting of @docile tapeworm who arbitrarily hands out float points for everyone's jump over the flagpole at the end of each level.

All joking aside, that could actually be a whole competition of its own.  How well can you "Dance" Mario through a level or two?  Can you do the Vine Dance?  How bout the Running-In-Place-Down-The-Pipe-Dance?  Have a non-partial judge rate each major "encounter w/style" in a given run with placards reading "7.3" or "2.5" on them.  Ok, so I'm still joking, but only a little...

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

no respect! You took Advantage of the game like playing a kindergartener in tether ball!

That's just your opinion, I prefer to think of it as a fair play of "Let's see who can rip the other's throat out faster" with a pre-schooler.

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
2 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

@Gloves can we clean up the score posts brother?! You got three separate posts for score two of which have the same score! C’mon! Also I like how you said “carry on the conversation” so here…

@PII there should absolutely be style points! @JamesRobot is right! 

My first post has my most up to date score, the other posts are just updates conversationally. There's nothing to clean up? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

damn it skinny you’ve made me look a fool again! How many times must I tell you do not speak on things you do not understand. Now go. Sit in the corner and think about the mess you’ve made for me and everyone here.

oh no facepalm GIF by SWR Kindernetz

• Like 1

1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:
2 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Skinny going hard this year trying to be a member of the Events team hahaha

If @BeaIank @guillavoie ever retire from running this thing…. I’d be like a 5 year old begging for a ice cream…

If Skinny Ran The NES Weekly:

NES WEEKLY SCHEDULE

Week 1.) Shooter

Week 2.) Shooter

Week 3.) Shooter

Week 4.) Shooter

Week 5.) Shooter

Week 6.) Shooter

Break Week - (Special: Let's All Make Disparaging Remarks About Morbo Thread)

Week 7.) Shooter

Week 8.) Shooter

Week 9.) Shooter

Week 10.) Shooter

Week 11.) Shooter

Week 12.) Shooter

Break Week - (Special VideoMation Contest: Make picture to show hatred for NES Back To The Future, Top Gun, other false prophets of the trigger finger revolution etc.)

Week 13.) Shooter

Week 14.) Shooter

Week 15.) Shooter

Week 16.) Shooter

Week 17.) Shooter

Week 18.) Shooter

Break Week - Special: (Let's Make More Disparaging Remarks About Morbo REDUX!  Thread)

Week 19.) Shooter

Week 20.) Shooter

Week 21.) Shooter

Week 22.) Shooter

Week 23.) Shooter

Week 24.) Shooter

Break Week (Special: Show Off Those Sexxxy Curves On Your Princess Monitor Runway Fashion Show!!)

Tournament Week 1.) Incoherent Story Contest

Tournament Week 2.) Incoherent Story Contest

Tournament Week 3.) Incoherent Story Contest

Afterward: Return To Intestinal Homeland Slither/March Celebration!

• Haha 8

9 hours ago, PII said:

Break Week - (Special: Let's All Make Disparaging Remarks About Morbo Thread)

Break Week - Special: (Let's Make More Disparaging Remarks About Morbo REDUX!  Thread)

Well, he already said that my performance in the Mega Man 2 speedrun was akin to tromping through the game like a soulless bulldozer.  I was on suicide watch for three and a half weeks after that...

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Haha 3