IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Super Mario Bros!

BeaIank

Administrator · Posted
Just now, docile tapeworm said:

@Gloves I’m avoiding hoping that turtle after it whacks the gumbas and bounces off that set of stairs. I don’t know how pure I’m supposed to be running this. I could get another 300? Points hoping on him once more.

I do the same, personally, trying to be as pure as I can about it. There's a turtle on level 1, 2, and 3 you can do this on, so I limit myself to basically "if the wall didn't exist...".

• Agree 1

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, RH said:

I have a couple of ideas that might squeeze out a couple extra 1ks but my problem is I can never align a perfect run for me.  I either miss a pole jump or lose my Fire Power in 1-4.  But, 108k feels within the realm of possible if I could ever find more than 10 minute sessions to play.

This' why I am focusing on rules set like this this year for most games. Even if you are short on time, you can put in a quick run for a score.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Gloves said:
12 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Pizza pii at 140k looking pretty good for a pure run

I'm not sure if he used the turtle hopping though, as his score was put up before Bea provided clarification on it.

No hopping.  See my post at the top of p.2 if further clarification is desired.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Damn, not sure how @PII is doing it. Either way, thrilled to put up the first score of 2023. And the turnout is awesome so far!

Not sure why those lines appear on the screen when I screenshot the boob tube. Doesnt happen on the flatscreen upstairs. 

Plenty of time for runs between diaper changes, right?

...unless maybe there's runs in the diaper changes....

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, PII said:

Plenty of time for runs between diaper changes, right?

...unless maybe there's runs in the diaper changes....

Only one in diapers and that one actually sleeps hard. Shockingly lucky. I should be able to put up a formidable score here and there barring any sleep regression 

• Like 1

I don't understand where you guys are getting these points.  My best run knowing what I currently know might be able to break 110k.  I know I miss points not going for some coins and even some 1k items, but if I go for too many of those, I know it's gonna hurt the clock.

When this competition is over, you guys in the lead need to post some videos if no for the sake of curiosity alone.  With out turtle-hop cheating, I can't imagine getting 140k.  (Not calling y'all cheaters.  I just don't see where the points are coming from.)

14 minutes ago, RH said:

I don't understand where you guys are getting these points.  My best run knowing what I currently know might be able to break 110k.  I know I miss points not going for some coins and even some 1k items, but if I go for too many of those, I know it's gonna hurt the clock.

When this competition is over, you guys in the lead need to post some videos if no for the sake of curiosity alone.  With out turtle-hop cheating, I can't imagine getting 140k.  (Not calling y'all cheaters.  I just don't see where the points are coming from.)

I know how you feel but trust me it’s so satisfying to finally figure it out on your own. I’m at that 110k range with my current strat. Ole glovesie figured it out a bit. Keep looking. Keep playing. Sometimes it will smack you in the face. Some guys will reveal their secrets at the cost of everyone knowing for future contest.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1