IGNORED

Dark mode all buggy - Fixed!

Gloves

Administrator · Posted

Anyone who was experiencing graphical issues with Dark Mode, fyi they should be resolved now. Please feel free to go back to Dark Mode if you'd switched to the default theme. Thanks to those who reached out to let us know, and for your patience!

• Thanks 3

• The title was changed to Dark mode all buggy - Fixed!
Events Team · Posted
16 hours ago, Gloves said:

Anyone who was experiencing graphical issues with Dark Mode, fyi they should be resolved now. Please feel free to go back to Dark Mode if you'd switched to the default theme. Thanks to those who reached out to let us know, and for your patience!

What actually caused it to break in the first place?

I have noticed some subtle changes after it was fixed, like how @Gloves @s and hyperlinks seem to look a bit different than they did before, but I'm just glad it's working OK now.

Administrator · Posted
12 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

What actually caused it to break in the first place?

I have noticed some subtle changes after it was fixed, like how @Gloves @s and hyperlinks seem to look a bit different than they did before, but I'm just glad it's working OK now.

Not sure what the cause was. Sometimes just telling it to rebuild works.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I know this thread is a little old now, but I've noticed that font colours don't display in Dark Mode. I colour-coded some letters at the bottom of my Switch Stamp Codes post, but the colours only show up in the Light Mode theme. (Though, curiously, they do show up in Dark Mode during editing; just not once a post is published.)

Here's an example:

• Strong red
  • Pumpkin
  • Vivid yellow
  • Emerald
  • Bright blue
  • #3333cc
  • Dark violet

Administrator · Posted
45 minutes ago, re4mat said:

I know this thread is a little old now, but I've noticed that font colours don't display in Dark Mode. I colour-coded some letters at the bottom of my Switch Stamp Codes post, but the colours only show up in the Light Mode theme. (Though, curiously, they do show up in Dark Mode during editing; just not once a post is published.)

Here's an example:

• Strong red
  • Pumpkin
  • Vivid yellow
  • Emerald
  • Bright blue
  • #3333cc
  • Dark violet

Yeah there's like a bunch of competing issues when dealing with a light and dark mode, paired with giving people the ability to do whatever they want with styling their posts.

Most people are on light mode (the default theme), and so they will tend to style their posts with that in mind. So very often there'll be especially copy-pasted text which ends up showing up as basically black on black on the dark theme. 

The most consistent solution is to simply force all text colours to be the same grey, overriding any edits you might make in your post.