Jump to content
IGNORED

Does an ebay seller need my address?


WhyNotZoidberg
 Share

Recommended Posts

Good day,

A seller agreed to my offer and sent the invoice which I promptly paid. Now I won't lie, I noticed the total was cheaper than I expected with shipping and customs and all that (chances are they forgot to charge me shipping). Regardless, I paid from ebay's website using Paypal. Both ebay and Paypal have my shipping adress.

Now the seller wrote me, asking to confirm my shipping address to them. What could be going on here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WhyNotZoidberg said:

Good day,

A seller agreed to my offer and sent the invoice which I promptly paid. Now I won't lie, I noticed the total was cheaper than I expected with shipping and customs and all that (chances are they forgot to charge me shipping). Regardless, I paid from ebay's website using Paypal. Both ebay and Paypal have my shipping adress.

Now the seller wrote me, asking to confirm my shipping address to them. What could be going on here?

Sometimes people have outdated addresses on PayPal. If an incorrect address is used, an international shipment will not get returned to it's origin, so the item will be undeliverable. The buyer is probably trying to confirm and protect himself.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok so the seller wasn't super experienced it seems. Basically printing his shipping label gave the GSP's address instead of mine and that's what was getting him confused.

Hopefully I get my games. It's been a while since I managed to score a lot of 3DO games in good shape at a decent price.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2019 at 1:31 AM, DoctorEncore said:

Sometimes people have outdated addresses on PayPal. If an incorrect address is used, an international shipment will not get returned to it's origin, so the item will be undeliverable. The buyer is probably trying to confirm and protect himself.

I'm not sure that this is correct. On the customs forms, one has a choice to either return to sender or abandon. I've had several packages take holidays around the world and back to me due to wrong addresses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I'm not sure that this is correct. On the customs forms, one has a choice to either return to sender or abandon. I've had several packages take holidays around the world and back to me due to wrong addresses.

Interesting. I figured there was no way that postal services would eat the cost of a return trip home. So maybe it's literally just an effort to make the shipping process go well?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Interesting. I figured there was no way that postal services would eat the cost of a return trip home. So maybe it's literally just an effort to make the shipping process go well?

Interestingly enough there is mention of agreeing to pay charges, but I've never had to experience it with any of the parcels returned to me.

IMG20191117215603.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...