IGNORED

Silicon Valley Bank collapse and Graded and Sealed Video Games

46 minutes ago, CIB_Wholesale said:

have you applied to a job at wata?

😂 

46 minutes ago, CIB_Wholesale said:

i get the idea of traditional but are you sure they are predictable? seems like when too many people go to sell there is a special insurance that regular people dont get that gets bigger and bigger every year. the only way out of that would be to hold an asset that people demand instead of insurance/investor contributions making up the difference

This is exactly what I mean. You're talking way over my level, man. I don't have the resources (time, energy, capital, knowledge) required to be concerned with any of that. I can put a $20 bill (or credit card equivalent thereof) towards just about any transaction in the world. Day to day life, yes liquid cash in my bank account is more predictable than a $XX000 sealed Supermario, if that's the sort of asset you're referring to, how many people demand it. Do I understand you right?

51 minutes ago, Link said:

😂 

This is exactly what I mean. You're talking way over my level, man. I don't have the resources (time, energy, capital, knowledge) required to be concerned with any of that. I can put a $20 bill (or credit card equivalent thereof) towards just about any transaction in the world. Day to day life, yes liquid cash in my bank account is more predictable than a $XX000 sealed Supermario, if that's the sort of asset you're referring to, how many people demand it. Do I understand you right?

i think we agree. the CPI is going to be more ---  so hold more desired assets so they can outpace growth than boomer trash

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_price_index

8 hours ago, Link said:

Items that are used like money but aren't fiat currency. Crypto and, apparently, sealed games. And mandolins if you're @ThePhleo.

>_>

Hey now...I'll still trade my rare stuff for some Crypto, or rare instruments....or vice versa.

Also, not just mandolins, but any weird turn of the century stuff. I want some classic guitars, a real Strativarius violin, I'll take some old bullion, and vintage camera equipment, I want to get into old films, records, early electronics, vintage computers.

I also want to get into gemstones, fossils...and weapons.

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

>_>

Hey now...I'll still trade my rare stuff for some Crypto, or rare instruments....or vice versa.

Also, not just mandolins, but any weird turn of the century stuff. I want some classic guitars, a real Strativarius violin, I'll take some old bullion, and vintage camera equipment, I want to get into old films, records, early electronics, vintage computers.

I also want to get into gemstones, fossils...and weapons.

How about an original Motorola Razr phone still brand new but not factory sealed?

On 3/21/2023 at 6:10 AM, Link said:

Something happened irl and I want to talk about sealed games

On 3/20/2023 at 11:57 PM, OptOut said:

What is this thread, lol

@ inasuma they are very related. if we take the grocery store example it's like these financial instruments are getting further away from reality

like if a grocery store took their profits and put it in NFTs and proping up bonds instead of better quality grocery stock