IGNORED

Sega Genesis CIB Contents Spreadsheet

supergamboy

19 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Is there a mistake on Mega Bomberman 1st print? It states the first North American release is a clamshell, I thought ALL releases were only ever cardboard releases. Maybe some confusion with the PAL release?

Yes this is a mistake, there are not hardshell bomberman releases (that we know of). Will adjust in a bit

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for staying on top of updates and other feedback received in the thread @billybob884!

I've been pretty removed from Genesis collecting for awhile now, but since I started this spreadsheet a few years ago, Google Sheets has vastly improved.  I was now able to really easily add "Alternating Colors" for the rows in a way that will be automatic and update as new rows are added to accommodate new variants added.

The spreadsheet had a handful of cells in golden yellow.  These I think marked things that needed additional information, such as naming a "Sega Reg Card" but not specifying which one.  It was an imprecise system.  Before changing the alternate colors above, I made sure to change the text color of those cells to red.

Happy collecting, all!

Edited by supergamboy
  • Thanks 1

On 11/15/2021 at 9:26 AM, billybob884 said:

Thanks @Ampplays, I've added this new Lightening Force variant to the list. @supergamboy, the original listing is verified (a sealed copy opened), can you opine on which variant it was?

Thanks @EJCPerformance, any help you can provide is always appreciated! I've added a new line for the Pele "Best Buy" yellow sticker variant. @supergamboy, you have the sticker variant listed as "verified", can you confirm which sticker version you saw? Also, I've never seen a regular style cartridge for Pele (and can't spot one on ebay), has anyone ever seen one of these before?

Thanks @isacin. Interesting that the number on the back of both boxes is different from the cartridges... I've updated the matrix with this Barney variant noting the color/BW manuals and VRC/ESRB ratings, can you confirm which copy had the BW manual? I'm presuming the ESRB one since it would likely been the later revision. @supergamboy , Can you verify the details of the copy you opened? (color/BW manual, VRC/ESRB rating).

Its been too long to remember for Lightening Force.  For Pele, it was probably the white sticker that I marked as verified (especially as the poster mentioned that maybe the yellow sticker was over top of the white sticker), but that's just a guess.

For Barney, the sealed copy I opened was definitely the color manual one.  Very cool to learn about that eC ESRB variant. That's new to me!

@DaddyMulkPointed this out to me... There's 2 Trouble Shooters with a Madison card inserted and 5 with a Crystal card inserted. 3 variants!!

But only a psychopath would put that on a variant list right? The kind of psychopath that puts the Vectorman prize-winner cart on their list as a variant BAY BEEEE!!

umyf0dI.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RetroMichel said:

Do you know if it is the same for Genesis ? If there is a serial number on the comic book, is it the same for both consoles ?

Hey!

This comic book is the same for Game Gear and Genesis, it has both trademarks, writhed on the back.

3 hours ago, ViKiNg said:

Hey!

This comic book is the same for Game Gear and Genesis, it has both trademarks, writhed on the back.

Superb. Since both comic books are exactly the same (that's what I understand), then I guess I'll buy one to complete my Sega Genesis copy.

Thank you my friend.

20 hours ago, RetroMichel said:

Superb. Since both comic books are exactly the same (that's what I understand), then I guess I'll buy one to complete my Sega Genesis copy.

Thank you my friend.

Yes, exactly the same for both consoles!

You're welcome 😊

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I dunno where to post this, but this thread has lots of cool info. Bulls vs. Blazers has a holographic NBA EA Sports card you got if you bought it at Kay-Bee. The card doesn't say Bulls vs. Blazers, so I don't know if this came with any other games, but given how common BvB is I wouldn't be surprised if it was only this game.

Just learned this existed and there was a copy on Ebay that included the Kay-Bee receipt. Rad. Keeping an obscure collectible game including a retailer exclusive and the receipt for 30 years, then after inflation it's still worth less than MSRP 🙌 I love it.

zqpaBNi.pngyqNdfRl.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/7/2022 at 2:46 AM, billybob884 said:

Yes this is a mistake, there are not hardshell bomberman releases (that we know of). Will adjust in a bit

I noticed this just now, only because I recently purchased a game lot, but it looks like Richard Scarry's Busytown is also a cardboard only release. I haven't been able to find a image or claim of a clamshell release.

edit: proof 👍

https://web.archive.org/web/20191031023150/http://segaage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=42&threadid=152533

Edited by Maverick

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the catch on Richard Scarry's Busytown. I updated that to be Slidebox and not clamshell. Basically when I was first creating and populating the spreadsheet, I think I had it all default to Clamshell and then I had to manually update the variants, so that one got missed, despite my own Sega Club guide you linked to 🙂