IGNORED

Sega Genesis CIB Contents Spreadsheet

supergamboy

Here is an old thread of mine regarding Pele:

https://connect.gocollect.com/discussion/160360/pele-two-releases-yellow-text-cart-accolade-ballistic

In the case of Pele, when the Sega Seal of Quality sticker was introduced (presumed later print), the cart label was actually drastically updated.

Now that I'm reviewing Pele I think it might also have 3 releases:

1) Soccer ball offer

2) no soccer ball offer

3) no soccer ball offer + Sega Seal added (new white label cart)

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I just obtained a copy of the World Series Baseball ‘95 variant missing the ‘95, and I noticed something that I haven’t seen documented elsewhere: The “95” has also been removed from the review quote on the box from GameFan. I’ve seen this variant cited as a misprint before, but this makes me think that the title change was deliberate.

Also, mine wasn’t a sealed copy, but the cart manufacturing date was later than my other copy (9537, versus 9511 on my regular release). And box swapping happens of course, but if anyone with the missing text variant could check the PCB on theirs as well, it might help to solidify that this was a later print. 

E76C3AA6-28F3-4FB3-86EE-4CD9DCE32FC9.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2021 at 9:00 PM, isacin said:

Hi, @DaddyMulk. Here are a couple of pictures of my World Series´95 copy. Hope it helps 🙂 !

spacer.png

spacer.png

Awesome, thanks! 9538 = Made one week after my numberless copy. 

On 4/5/2021 at 12:21 PM, supergamboy said:

Fascinating, so I'd always thought that the version without '95 was the first print.  But you guys are thinking they might have dropped the '95 in a later print to keep selling it past 1995? How shitty, haha.

We’d need more data to be sure (or someone cracking open a sealed copy), but we’ve now got two copies of the numberless one made about 6 months after the game’s initial release.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

So I've been reading about Sega's Accolade lawsuit and the four games retroactively licensed due to it, Al Michaels Announces HardBall III, Jack Nicklaus' Power Challenge Golf, Summer Challenge, & Super Off Road. Later copies of Jack Nicklaus' Power Challenge Golf would have a Sega Seal of Quality sticker added (specifically, it seems the "Includes Baltusrol" sticker variant got the SoQ sticker), but what bout the other three?

SegaRetro is vague, claiming Summer Challenge and Super Off Road were re-released "with a license", but not mentioning any added sticker/branding, and for HardBall III says it was "licensed during production". I couldn't find any examples of these three with any sort of SoQ sticker/branding after a quick ebay search, but given that Jack Nicklaus' PCG got it, it's possible the others may have, as well.

Edited by billybob884

• 2 months later...
On 4/16/2021 at 6:25 PM, DaddyMulk said:

Awesome, thanks! 9538 = Made one week after my numberless copy. 

We’d need more data to be sure (or someone cracking open a sealed copy), but we’ve now got two copies of the numberless one made about 6 months after the game’s initial release.

Just a quick update: I obtained another copy of the numberless WSB95 CIB. It has the same chip dates as my other copy/isacin’s. Again, I’m hesitant to jump to conclusions with limited data, but it certainly looks like this batch came after the numbered ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Finding that Bio-Hazzard battle has me going through this thread again and noticed the Lightening Force print variant is not on the spread sheet. Made in USA cart, It has different style cart top label art, the cart code on the bottom is a sticker and not actually printed and the grid patter is much more bold. 111457614_s-l1600(2).jpg.fdd1c190fa410994bb2a5b6abe2a0f0b.jpgs-l1600.jpg.4190c7ae0a0ce751b5f989692b8555ab.jpg134251428_s-l1600(1).jpg.196d91c81f52130edeac37ef9ab58cd8.jpg

1st print top label

970898587_s-l1600(3).jpg.ccf6ab595e3fe74e965a5decb252857e.jpg

Edited by Ampplays
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
Guest EJC
Guests · Posted

Barney's Hide and seek has a variant not listed. One version has the color manual and the other has 670-4070 below the upc with a black and white manual.

Barney's Hide and seek has a variant not listed. One version has the color manual and the other has 670-4070 below the upc with a black and white manual.

It seems some of the photos listed on this thread are from my game listings on eBay. I collect SEGA stuffs and can assist with verifying sleeves have stickers or other questions on items, if I have not sold it yet or it is in my collection. Your Spreadsheet has been a great help on building my collection.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2021 at 10:26 PM, EJCPerformance said:

This was on my list too about some little things I found in the spreadsheet.

It´s not only the manual, the game is rated as "eC" or "Early Childhood" (I think it´s the only with "Richard Scarry´s Busy Town" to have this badge in the front artwork). Both have the same number 670-4070 but in the variant the code was moved below the UPC to make room for the early childhood rating/explanation.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The other difference is the variant has white letters for the GENESIS as well as the mark "Registered" instead the "Trademark". Also the 1996 date and SEGA address.

The cartridge label seems to be the same. The back shows "Assembled in the USA".

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hopefully this helps. I will check my notes and let you know about the other couple things in the spreadsheet.

Take care!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Welcome to VGS!

Play, Make, Collect.

Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!

Join the conversation!

• Similar Content

• By billybob884
      EDIT: See my post below for pictures of the finished restoration!
      -----------------
      I just added this beautiful Sega Genesis store kiosk to my collection! This style of kiosk was sold by Kidzpace (the frame was reused for several different systems), and this dark cobalt colored variant typically comes with a white "Sega Sports" poster as the front artwork. From what I've seen, they don't usually come with the DS-16 cartridge switcher, so it's possible this unit was custom ordered or modified sometime later (DS-16's were supposedly made available for sale to retailers to upgrade their already-owned kiosks).

Picked this beauty up off craigslist just a week ago and it's in good shape all things considered, surprisingly-so given the conditions it's been kept in. The seller unfortunately wasn't a collector or enthusiast; he only picked it up from a video store that had gone out of business 20-odd years ago as a toy for his children, and after they grew up and moved out it spent the next few years languishing in an outdoor storage shed. Now I'm working to restore it!
      It definitely needs some love, but the essentials are in good condition. When I went to get it, it was absolutely covered in caked-on dust and grime, the "Sonic" art was stained and water damaged, the "Sega" marque was yellowed from the sun, and the controller mount was nowhere to be found. But despite all that, the plastic and paint don't have any notable cracks, scratches, or other damage (other than very light wear -- it must not have been a popular video store 😏).
      Amazingly, and probably unbeknownst to the seller, tucked behind the displayed "Sonic" artwork was the original "Sega Sports" art, and it's in mint condition!

The missing controller mount will be the toughest piece to restore; but fortunately there's a kiosk at a retro game store somewhat nearby that I can visit to model my replacement off of. I've made some paper models of how the original mount wraps around the controller, and I'm going to try to cut the shape from a steel plate.
      As for the rest of the electronics..., the only piece worth keeping is the DS-16 (and begrudgingly the case light, as it's riveted in place). The switcher didn't work at first, which was disheartening, but it saved me a hundred off the list price. I was eventually able to repair it after noticing the flex in the expansion port's connector, it just needed a solder reflow (and a good cleaning).

The Genesis is a Model 2 VA0 (which has pretty bad audio and video output as far as model 2's go), so I'll replace that with an s-video modded VA3 (despite HDG model 1's having proven higher-quality audio/video, I'm sentimental for the model 2). The TV only has RF input (and a bit of burn-in, it was made in 1987 after-all...) so I'll replace that with a newer Svideo-capable monitor I have on the way (it'll also match the kiosk better as it doesn't have the garish faux wood appearance). The original speakers are completely shot - the cone on one is damaged, and the other outputs a horrid static noise. In addition to replacing those, it turns out the original audio amplifier circuit board only takes mono input despite having a chip capable of stereo output, so I'll replace that with a stereo-capable one (not technically historically accurate, but I'll live with it).
      I'll add progress pictures as I go!
    • By LostLevel83
      Sega Genesis games and accessories wanted. Loose only please. Boxes and manuals not needed. Condition needs to be Excellent/Very Good. Please see the picture below as an example. 
      Payment via PayPal. The values listed are what I am wanting to pay, shipping (to Oklahoma) included. 
      I also have a very nice copy of Demon's Crest for SNES available in trade. Let me know if that is of interest and I can send pictures.

Example of game condition wanted:

Wanted:
      Alisia Dragoon ($40)
      Championship Pro-Am ($5)
      DJ Boy ($10)
      Ecco the Dolphin ($5)
      Ecco: The Tides of Time ($5)
      Ghostbusters ($40)
      Mystical Fighter ($40)
      Shadowrun ($30)
      Street Fighter II Champion Edition ($10)
      Tecmo Super Bowl ($5)
      Wonder Boy in Monster World ($30)
      3 button controller with red numbers ($10)
      6 button MK-1470 turbo controller ($15)
      Sega branded controller extension ($5)
      *Would buy a matched pair also
    • By billybob884
      Greetings all!
      I'm a Sega Genesis collector and only a hair's breadth away from a full CIB North American set. All I'm looking for now is a copy of Normy's Beach Babe-O-Rama, specifically one with a good condition manual (a better condition box would be nice too, but the manual is the key part). If you have one and are willing to part with a copy, or have any leads on one, please let me know!

I'm willing to pay fair market price (negotiable) or to work out a trade from my growing collection of Genesis extras (I have a lot of stuff I'm in the process of selling off, most are complete & in good condition, inquire for better pics):

(N.A. residents are preferable for trades, international is always a hassle 😉)
      Thank you for helping a fellow collector!

EDIT: Nevermind, found one!
    • By billybob884
      While there are several collector's guides for games themselves, I've noticed there doesn’t seem to be a good list of console box variants anywhere. There is an old list on the Sega-16 forum from ~10 years ago, but it only covers some of the Genesis Model 2's variants, and unfortunately all of the image links are long-defunct. So I spent some time these past few weeks researching and putting together a list and images of all the variants for the North American Genesis models 1-3, CD model 1 & 2, 32X add-on, CDX, X’EYE, and Nomad that I could find. I’ll break this up into a few posts due to the number of images. Front and back images have been provided, where available.
      Note: This should not be regarded as a complete list, I will update it as more are found/images provided, so please feel free to contribute!
      Genesis Model 1
      US Base System (No Pack-in) Variants
      1)    Base model – game not included, "The Core System" badge in bottom-right corner, “Join the 16-Bit Revolution” badge in top-left corner:

2)    “Eternal Champions” sticker, "The Core System" badge in bottom-right corner, “Join the 16-Bit Revolution” badge in top-left corner. I was on the fence about including this one, it doesn’t really look like the kind of sticker Sega would slap on there before shipping to a store, but I could be wrong... I’m open to opinions about this:

US Game Pack-In Variants
      1)    “Arcade Hit! Altered Beast” badge on right side:

2)     “Arcade Hit! Altered Beast” badge on right side, "Value Pak" badge on left side:

3)    “Fighting System” (Streets of Rage 2) badge in bottom-right corner, “Leader of 16-Bit Revolution” badge in top-left corner, red/yellow background:

4)    “Sonic System” badge in bottom-right corner, “Join the 16-Bit Revolution” badge in top-left corner:

5)     “Sonic the Hedgehog” badge in bottom-right corner is a little bigger than the below variant, “Includes Inside” text at bottom-left is only one line, “Leader of 16-Bit Revolution” badge in top-left corner:

6)    “Sonic the Hedgehog” badge in bottom-right corner is a little smaller than the above variant, “Includes Inside” text at bottom-left is two lines, “Leader of 16-Bit Revolution” badge in top-left corner:

7)    “Sonic the Hedgehog” badge in bottom-right corner is smaller (like the above variant), “Includes Inside” text at bottom-left is two lines, “Leader of 16-Bit Revolution” badge in top-left corner, “Value Pak” sticker (box includes Columns & 2nd controller):

8.)    Two carts included: “Sonic the Hedgehog” badge in bottom-right corner is bigger than the above variant, "Taz in Escape from Mars" badge on left, “Includes Inside” text at bottom-left is one line, “Leader of 16-Bit Revolution” badge in top-left corner, “Value Pak” sticker (box includes Columns & 2nd controller):

Canadian Base System (No Pack-in) Variants
      1)    English/French language, “The Core System ” badge in bottom-right corner, “Join the 16-Bit Revolution” badge in top-left corner, "$50 Rebate" sticker on the left:

2)    English/French language, “The Core System ” badge in bottom-right corner, “Join the 16-Bit Revolution” badge in top-left corner, no "Rebate" sticker:

3)    English/French language, blank box (no “Core”/”16-Bit Revolution” badges):

4)    English/French language, blank box (no “Core”/”16-Bit Revolution” badges), yellow "$50 Rebate" sticker in bottom-right:

Canadian Game Pack-in Variants
      1)    “Arcade Hit! Altered Beast” badge on right side, English/French language:

2)    English/French language, “The Sonic System ” badge in bottom-right corner, “Join the 16-Bit Revolution” badge in top-left corner:

3)    English/French language, “Sonic The Hedgehog” badge in top-right corner:

• By billybob884
      Hello all! I've been collecting for Sega Genesis a while now and I've finally got around to listing a bunch of extras I've accumulated. I'm putting these for auction on eBay, but if you're interested in any of them and want to buy directly, shoot me a message and we can work out a deal (I'll save on fees, you'll save on tax 😉 ).
      Sega Genesis
      Battle Master BattleMaster --  CIB
      BattleTech: A Game of Armored Combat --  CIB
      Beavis & Butt-Head --  CIB
      Blades of Vengeance --  CIB
      Bonanza Brothers --  CIB
      Bubba 'N' Stix --  CIB
      Chakan: The Forever Man --  CIB
      Chuck Rock II 2 Son of Chuck --  CIB
      Cyborg Justice --  CIB
      Dashin' Desperados --  CIB
      Disney's Aladdin --  CIB
      General Chaos --  CIB
      Kid Chameleon --  CIB
      King of the Monsters 2 --  CIB
      Lightening Force: Quest for the Darkstar --  CIB
      Phantasy Star III --  CIB
      Pier Solar and Great Architects --  CIB
      Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi --  CIB
      Shining Force --  CIB
      Shining in the Darkness --  CIB
      Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master --  CIB
      Sonic the Hedgehog 3 --  CIB
      Space Harrier II 2 --  CIB
      Sword of Vermilion --  CIB
      The Simpsons: Bart vs The Space Mutants --  CIB
      Wiz 'n' Liz --  CIB
      World of Illusion Mickey Mouse Donald Duck --  CIB
      Back to the Future Part III --  Cart/Case
      Batman: Revenge of the Joker --  Cart/Case
      Fantasia --  Cart/Case
      Midnight Resistance --  Cart/Case
      Phantasy Star II 2 --  Cart/Case
      Tinhead --  Cart/Case
      ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron --  Cart/Case
      Toki: Going Ape Spit --  Cart/Case
      Shining Force II --  Cart/Manual
      Whip Rush --  Cart/Manual

Sega Genesis 32X
      Metal Head  --  Cart/Case

https://www.ebay.com/sch/billybob8484/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

This is just the first small batch of a whole bunch of extras I'm letting go of, so I'll post here as more get listed. Thanks for looking!