IGNORED

Sega Genesis CIB Contents Spreadsheet

supergamboy

Here is an old thread of mine regarding Pele:

https://connect.gocollect.com/discussion/160360/pele-two-releases-yellow-text-cart-accolade-ballistic

In the case of Pele, when the Sega Seal of Quality sticker was introduced (presumed later print), the cart label was actually drastically updated.

Now that I'm reviewing Pele I think it might also have 3 releases:

1) Soccer ball offer

2) no soccer ball offer

3) no soccer ball offer + Sega Seal added (new white label cart)

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I just obtained a copy of the World Series Baseball ‘95 variant missing the ‘95, and I noticed something that I haven’t seen documented elsewhere: The “95” has also been removed from the review quote on the box from GameFan. I’ve seen this variant cited as a misprint before, but this makes me think that the title change was deliberate.

Also, mine wasn’t a sealed copy, but the cart manufacturing date was later than my other copy (9537, versus 9511 on my regular release). And box swapping happens of course, but if anyone with the missing text variant could check the PCB on theirs as well, it might help to solidify that this was a later print. 

E76C3AA6-28F3-4FB3-86EE-4CD9DCE32FC9.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2021 at 9:00 PM, isacin said:

Hi, @DaddyMulk. Here are a couple of pictures of my World Series´95 copy. Hope it helps 🙂 !

spacer.png

spacer.png

Awesome, thanks! 9538 = Made one week after my numberless copy. 

On 4/5/2021 at 12:21 PM, supergamboy said:

Fascinating, so I'd always thought that the version without '95 was the first print.  But you guys are thinking they might have dropped the '95 in a later print to keep selling it past 1995? How shitty, haha.

We’d need more data to be sure (or someone cracking open a sealed copy), but we’ve now got two copies of the numberless one made about 6 months after the game’s initial release.

• 4 weeks later...

So I've been reading about Sega's Accolade lawsuit and the four games retroactively licensed due to it, Al Michaels Announces HardBall III, Jack Nicklaus' Power Challenge Golf, Summer Challenge, & Super Off Road. Later copies of Jack Nicklaus' Power Challenge Golf would have a Sega Seal of Quality sticker added (specifically, it seems the "Includes Baltusrol" sticker variant got the SoQ sticker), but what bout the other three?

SegaRetro is vague, claiming Summer Challenge and Super Off Road were re-released "with a license", but not mentioning any added sticker/branding, and for HardBall III says it was "licensed during production". I couldn't find any examples of these three with any sort of SoQ sticker/branding after a quick ebay search, but given that Jack Nicklaus' PCG got it, it's possible the others may have, as well.

Edited by billybob884

• 2 months later...
On 4/16/2021 at 6:25 PM, DaddyMulk said:

Awesome, thanks! 9538 = Made one week after my numberless copy. 

We’d need more data to be sure (or someone cracking open a sealed copy), but we’ve now got two copies of the numberless one made about 6 months after the game’s initial release.

Just a quick update: I obtained another copy of the numberless WSB95 CIB. It has the same chip dates as my other copy/isacin’s. Again, I’m hesitant to jump to conclusions with limited data, but it certainly looks like this batch came after the numbered ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Finding that Bio-Hazzard battle has me going through this thread again and noticed the Lightening Force print variant is not on the spread sheet. Made in USA cart, It has different style cart top label art, the cart code on the bottom is a sticker and not actually printed and the grid patter is much more bold. 111457614_s-l1600(2).jpg.fdd1c190fa410994bb2a5b6abe2a0f0b.jpgs-l1600.jpg.4190c7ae0a0ce751b5f989692b8555ab.jpg134251428_s-l1600(1).jpg.196d91c81f52130edeac37ef9ab58cd8.jpg

1st print top label

970898587_s-l1600(3).jpg.ccf6ab595e3fe74e965a5decb252857e.jpg

Edited by Ampplays
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Guest EJC
Guests · Posted

Barney's Hide and seek has a variant not listed. One version has the color manual and the other has 670-4070 below the upc with a black and white manual.

Barney's Hide and seek has a variant not listed. One version has the color manual and the other has 670-4070 below the upc with a black and white manual.

It seems some of the photos listed on this thread are from my game listings on eBay. I collect SEGA stuffs and can assist with verifying sleeves have stickers or other questions on items, if I have not sold it yet or it is in my collection. Your Spreadsheet has been a great help on building my collection.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2021 at 10:26 PM, EJCPerformance said:

This was on my list too about some little things I found in the spreadsheet.

It´s not only the manual, the game is rated as "eC" or "Early Childhood" (I think it´s the only with "Richard Scarry´s Busy Town" to have this badge in the front artwork). Both have the same number 670-4070 but in the variant the code was moved below the UPC to make room for the early childhood rating/explanation.

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=18FGXdqnuqpP2jHhpjd6DjXTmyZjBmCRn

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The other difference is the variant has white letters for the GENESIS as well as the mark "Registered" instead the "Trademark". Also the 1996 date and SEGA address.

The cartridge label seems to be the same. The back shows "Assembled in the USA".

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hopefully this helps. I will check my notes and let you know about the other couple things in the spreadsheet.

Take care!

Edited by isacin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks @Ampplays, I've added this new Lightening Force variant to the list. @supergamboy, the original listing is verified (a sealed copy opened), can you opine on which variant it was?

On 9/27/2021 at 11:26 PM, EJCPerformance said:

It seems some of the photos listed on this thread are from my game listings on eBay. I collect SEGA stuffs and can assist with verifying sleeves have stickers or other questions on items, if I have not sold it yet or it is in my collection. Your Spreadsheet has been a great help on building my collection.

Thanks @EJCPerformance, any help you can provide is always appreciated! I've added a new line for the Pele "Best Buy" yellow sticker variant. @supergamboy, you have the sticker variant listed as "verified", can you confirm which sticker version you saw? Also, I've never seen a regular style cartridge for Pele (and can't spot one on ebay), has anyone ever seen one of these before?

Thanks @isacin. Interesting that the number on the back of both boxes is different from the cartridges... I've updated the matrix with this Barney variant noting the color/BW manuals and VRC/ESRB ratings, can you confirm which copy had the BW manual? I'm presuming the ESRB one since it would likely been the later revision. @supergamboy , Can you verify the details of the copy you opened? (color/BW manual, VRC/ESRB rating).

Also, saw this NBA Jam TE "Only at Target" variant was recently posted on reddit, so I've added a line for it:

rV5ZEsI.jpg

https://old.reddit.com/r/SEGAGENESIS/comments/qtd4z0/is_this_an_uncommon_version_cant_find_anything_on/

Edited by billybob884
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought I was done with my Sega Genesis ESRB collection HAHA, then Barney's Hide & Seek Game comes along. Thankfully, game is dirt cheap, so I just have to be patient. I have a complete NBA Jam T.E. "Target" variant if anyone needs better photos? Good catch on Cool Spot, going to see which one I have.

Is there a current ESRB only list? I want to make sure it's just Barney for now. 😁 I just joined, so I apologize if I missed it.

• Agree 1