IGNORED

STAR CODE - Mike Tyson Punch Out

tbone3969

3 hours ago, tbone3969 said:

The star most likely signifies a late edition with a new warranty/sales statement on the side of the box. Some people think it indicates a promotional game that was part of a giveaway, but there is literally zero evidence to support that claim anywhere on the internet. Doesn't mean it's not true, but we have no way of knowing.

In my opinion, you should just think of it as a late edition of a game that may or may not be in limited supply. See here for more: 

On 11/14/2019 at 11:07 AM, tbone3969 said:

Yes, I see.  How rare can this be exactly.  That asking price is ridiculous IMO.

If I was pricing these kinds of in demand games with BINs my asking price would err on order-of-magnitude ridiculous too just to see what happens. There's a CIB copy of Halo on Ebay right now for $2900 for essentially no reason. You need a big hook to catch a whale.

10 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

If I was pricing these kinds of in demand games with BINs my asking price would err on order-of-magnitude ridiculous too just to see what happens. There's a CIB copy of Halo on Ebay right now for $2900 for essentially no reason. You need a big hook to catch a whale.

Halo Not For Resale has been blowing up lately.

29 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Halo Not For Resale has been blowing up lately.

About a dozen copies in the past couple weeks have sold for ~$50 as more keep hitting the market because they were selling for $100s a couple months ago. The only reason that listing exists it to basically try to trick someone who thinks it's sealed and worth a bazillion dollars because it's graded.

Edited by DefaultGen