IGNORED

VGS rare variant/error thread Nintendo edition

Hybrid

38 minutes ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

Honest question, do you think it could be a repro or a label replacement for that reason?

Pretty sure it’s real. These are both USA-2. The label type on ML2 is consistent with ML1. These are the typical type of label you see on players choice gameboy games. I’ll have to check to see if I can find any sample images of the ML2 USA-2 to compare.

It has a stamp too:

image.thumb.jpg.117b41a77eebc887df07f6dfeb3cae91.jpg

Edit: Didn’t find any images in Google images.. I’m pretty sure there’s a thread on here where someone else has one of these. But I’m not going to hunt for it, because I just noticed that SML2 USA-1 doesn’t have a seal of quality either and that ones pretty common:

image.jpg.78137abdb3787963e6468f67a262159f.jpg

Edited by phart010

4 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Pretty sure it’s real. These are both USA-2. The label type on ML2 is consistent with ML1. These are the typical type of label you see on players choice gameboy games. I’ll have to check to see if I can find any sample images of the ML2 USA-2 to compare.

It has a stamp too:

image.thumb.jpg.117b41a77eebc887df07f6dfeb3cae91.jpg

this will depend on what is inside.  as to a "real cart"  the label is genuine but what is inside.

7 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

this will depend on what is inside.  as to a "real cart"  the label is genuine but what is inside.

Only for you @JVOSS

Your the pro, you tell me if it’s real

edit: just retook the photo for better clarity on the chips

image.thumb.jpg.675330b5cdc11889260130eb2c1afc35.jpg

Edited by phart010

Just now, bowser said:

I don't know why you guys are so suspicious. I took one look at the pics first time it was shared and I was sure it was original.

glad you fill that way but the inside is where it counts  i can put a -1 in a -2 and @bowser would say it real.  don't judge the book by the cover alone...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bowser said:

I don't know why you guys are so suspicious. I took one look at the pics first time it was shared and I was sure it was original.

I don’t think JVOSS is actually suspicious. I think he’s just playing along because he wants to get me to take board pics 😎🤓

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, phart010 said:

image.jpg.edb96863c3605075e5dbaf556bda6b0d.jpg

image.jpg.106bb733d3b7fe63f2a43baa77c50483.jpg

@JVOSS ok I’ve done my duty for this hobby

you have a mach set.  both pcb and chip dates match.  the other way to validate 100% is if the inside the case both top and bottom there is a # you'll have  F-xx or  Fxx-x (the x is a digit).  on the back you will have a B-xx or Bxx-x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woobie said:

Just going back through looks like we are adding 5-screw Alpha mission? I have one of those as well (Everything in storage for now while working on basement, can send photo later)

And 1 screw Zelda also. It’s the rarest, there are zero known to exist 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else seen copies of Soccer floating around out there that have 3 screw back labels with 5 screw front? I realize this would be easy to do, but I've seen 2 today,  and that seems odd. And it's not like the sellers are advertising them  as 3 screws, and I've never seen other mismatched back swap carts (at least two of the same title in close proximity). Thoughts?