IGNORED

Beat the Switch Library - 231/999

• 2 weeks later...

I took a break from 1980's SNK to play through Darius Cozmic Collection Arcade. This collection has four main titles: Darius, Darius II, Sagaia, and Darius Gaiden. There are extra variants of Darius and Sagaia included but the changes are minor enough that I don't think they're worth counting. This set was a real breath of fresh air after slogging through the worst of those broken old SNK shooters. Now back to work on that one...

darius-arcade-ending-screens_720px.png

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Knocked these out of the SNK 40th Anniversary Collection: Chopper I, Ozma Wars, Munch Mobile, Time Soldiers, World Wars, and Sasuke vs Commander. Also, I wasn't sure from the comments if Ikari Warriors I or II still needed to get crossed off the list, so I beat them both.

By my count 21 of the 24 games in this collection are now complete. The three left are Alpha Mission, Paddle Mania, and Athena. I cannot bring myself to play any more broken-ass old SNK so I am leaving those three to someone else. In particular, the arcade version of Athena was the most hateful, sadistic asshole of a game I have ever played, and apparently the NES version is somehow worse. Good luck and Godspeed to whoever takes on that one.

2020-10_01_SNK_vert-300px.png

2020-10_02_SNK_vert-300px.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...