IGNORED

Beat the Switch Library - 231/999

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Beat the Switch Library - 148/999
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I beat Dragon Quest I on the Switch the other day. While I'm personally not the biggest fan of the new graphical style, it still plays pretty well and serves as nice JRPG comfort food. They've also made the game quite a bit easier for the most part. For example every enemy gives roughly two times the EXP and gold and the late game enemies give even three times the money and EXP. This means that you have to grind much less. Also, you can find plenty of seeds that increase your stats by a significant amount. So all in all the game plays much faster and is also fairly easy, at times maybe a bit too easy.

Dragon Quest.jpg

• Like 1

Dragon Quest II is done as well. It's a really nice and comfy game once they've removed most of the terrible grind from the cave to rhone/eldarak. I think on the NES I spent 6+ hours grinding away, while here you gain levels extremely quickly later on. Also, the QoL improvements and rebalancing from the Super Famicom version were quite nice to have.

Dragon Quest II.jpg

• Like 1

I beat Castlevania III and Super Castlevania IV on the Castlevania Collection for the switch. III is still insanely difficult, even though I had beaten it once before. I think it was one of the first games I contributed to the yearly NES challenge.

This time around though I didn't go for Alucard, but got Grant first and then wanted to recruit Syfa as well. However, it seems like you can only have one companion at the same time, so Grant left and I had to do the rest of the game with Syfa.

SC IV is still really good, but I forgot just how much I disliked the last 2 levels. I think I wasted most of my time on those levels alone. At least the fight against Dracula was really intense and epic!

Castlevania III.jpg

Castlevania IV.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Beat the Switch Library - 154/999
On 11/15/2021 at 10:31 AM, Reed Rothchild said:

@fox beat Warioware and No More Heroes III (and possibly Scott Pilgrim, Disco Elysium, Corpse Killer, etc.)

WW, NMH3, and Scott Pilgrim were on switch.  Disco Elysium and Corpse Killer were on PS4.  I don’t think there are any differences between those releases so your call on those.

• Like 1

I'll have to see about screenshots on these, but here's some you don't have listed that I've rolled credits on:

Blossom Tales:  The Sleeping King
Bloodstained:  Curse of the Moon 2
Gone Home
Gris
Mario Golf  (Completed the story mode)
OxenFree
Stardew Valley (Completed the 3rd year & talked to grandpa's ghost, which I guess is more or less the "end" of the game)
TimeSpinner
Tiny Barbarian DX

• Love 1

• The title was changed to Beat the Switch Library - 167/999
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...