IGNORED

Free Digital Games Online

Gloves

Administrator · Posted

Share any free games you find online in here. This can include "currently" available free games and "ongoing" free games. 

For "current" what I mean is "get it free right now, before X date, on this site!".

As for "ongoing" we can keep a running list here in the OP of sites that have games on offer for free. I'm not gonna list stuff where it's "free" as in like a week free trial, or Runescape where it's an online game you can play for free. Just literally - "Go to this site, maybe make an account, and you get this game for free to download and play whenever you like". Same goes for stuff like Nintendo Switch online or PlayStation Plus where they give you "free" games for being subscribed; that's not free, and you lose access to the games if you cancel your sub, so not what we're going for here.

Since "currently available" games will change regularly, just follow this thread to get the latest in free games. 

Lastly, obviously - keep it legal. No torrents or anything else even slightly questionable. If it's questionable I won't toss out punishments but I will edit your post to remove links. Further, no offering to share accounts or anything to get around "family" rules on any service or anything like that. Just straight up sites and events with free games no strings attached.

Permanently Free Games

Ongoing Free Games

• Epic Games Launcher
    • Free games every week (changes each week)
    • Requires installing the launcher and creating a free account
  • Like 1

Administrator · Posted

I'll start 'er off. I wasn't actually aware of this until today when I installed the Epic Games Launcher to play The Outer Worlds, but apparently they actually give away a game or two every week:

image.png

All you need is to download the client and create an account, and you can add the games to your account to keep forever.

I made a list of every single free/pay what you want $0.01 game from 2017 or 2018 and was floored, it was dozens and dozens of high quality few-years-old games. Kids today have so much excellent choice in free entertainment, I'm so jealous. You could go a whole year easily without spending money on video games now!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, zeppelin03 said:

Good. People made it out to be the worst thing ever. They have Control and I want to play it.

It really depends on if you are expecting anything from the features and capabilities of the service/client part of the store (and what you are expecting).

Epic released a roadmap publicly: https://trello.com/b/GXLc34hk/epic-games-store-roadmap

I've not heard any recent complaints about the store itself (though I've not purchased anything).  I can't speak to other concerns (e.g., spyware, handling of DRM, half-baked launch).

Edited by RusticMeadows
grammar
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Gloves said:

GOG.com is giving away Postal 2 for a limited time, and Postal 1 is permanently free to download.

https://www.gog.com/game/postal_2

https://www.gog.com/game/postal_classic_and_uncut

Looks like the Postal 2 deal ended sometime in the last 15 hours between your post and just now, as it's currently showing as $0.99 on GOG.  Still not a bad deal by any means, but not free anymore.  FYI.

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, darkchylde28 said:

Looks like the Postal 2 deal ended sometime in the last 15 hours between your post and just now, as it's currently showing as $0.99 on GOG.  Still not a bad deal by any means, but not free anymore.  FYI.

A VERY limited time! D;

4 minutes ago, Rhino said:

Oh I see. What about the NES games you get for having an online nintendo switch subscription?

Those wouldn't really apply, as they're not available for free (you have to have a subscription) or to anyone (see previous parenthesis note).  This is more for when places like GOG or Humble Bundle randomly put games up for foree for a certain period of time, where anybody can freely pick them up, no paid subscription, etc. required.

Administrator · Posted
6 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

Those wouldn't really apply, as they're not available for free (you have to have a subscription) or to anyone (see previous parenthesis note).  This is more for when places like GOG or Humble Bundle randomly put games up for foree for a certain period of time, where anybody can freely pick them up, no paid subscription, etc. required.

Precisely!

Administrator · Posted

Speaking of this, here's the free games on the Epic Store this week:

image.png

And I swear I don't have stock in the Epic store or anything, I'm just loving these free games. If there are any other stores giving out free games consistently like this please let me know and I'll feature those as well.

• 2 weeks later...