IGNORED

Big box PC Fallout sealed auction

dogbowl

Speculators have been circling big box PC for a while trying to find the next big thing (because all the NES games they actually want are $1000s already) but with that GOTY sticker, seal damage, box damage, and sticker damage this sure doesn't seem like the copy you'd want to make a big splashy sale for. I don't doubt the sale, even though I find it ridiculous. The buyer would probably talk up how hard it is to find any copy sealed, all big box PC games are in bad condition, etc.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I just saw the final bidding price. And all I can say is...

What. 😂

The. 🤣

Actual. 😂

Fuck. 🤣

Is. 😂

Wrong. 🤣

With. 😂

These. 🤣

People? 😅

I mean, I can understand if people think I am "wasting my money" every time I only buy a sealed Japanese variant of any game these days. But spending that amount of money for any reason?

This world is going upside-down. And I am wondering if it will go back to being for sale later on. 😩

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's sad but it's true, and any sealed PC enthusiast has at least a couple of amazing brand new sealed games with wavy/arched outer box because of the shrinkwrap, you can sort of see it on OmegaRod's copy, though it's not too bad on there.

The problem is, it's warped already, so might as well keep it sealed. If you open it now, the paper/carboard isn't magically going to straghten up again - it's not a memory spring. 😞

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

It's sad but it's true, and any sealed PC enthusiast has at least a couple of amazing brand new sealed games with wavy/arched outer box because of the shrinkwrap, you can sort of see it on OmegaRod's copy, though it's not too bad on there.

The problem is, it's warped already, so might as well keep it sealed. If you open it now, the paper/carboard isn't magically going to straghten up again - it's not a memory spring. 😞

Yes, this makes finding perfect copies a challenge. OmegaRod's copy is very nice, and one would be hard-pressed to find a better one. The only exceptions to the rule I've seen are some releases where the the box is made of a thicker cardboard such as Daggerfall, and the shrink has vent holes. In these cases however, the shrink will likely start to break instead. Choose one 🙂

I had one with strange "wear-like effect" all over the box. I am still wondering if that was done in purpose to give it a post-apocalypse look, does anyone know? The other games from the same seller had no such wear or humidity damage, so I've always wondered about it.

This was all over the box, including the 4 sides.

It was surely an early version since it came with the metal-bound manual.

DSCN0721.JPG.ab382a2bd195cc983931667c5fb86554.JPG

DSCN0722.JPG.ace7324009153b42f706d62b185dd5f6.JPG

DSCN0731.JPG.c4beadf8e504945e42c90a99aa4f2e93.JPG