IGNORED

MTPO Promo Figure?

MegaVolt

Hey all! I’m still in the process of clearing out my collection and found this figure with my MTPO items. I am assuming it is MTPO related as I had it with my other MTPO items, but I could be mistaken. 

I don’t recall buying this at all, where I would have gotten it, nor can I seem to find any info on it on the inter webs. 

Does anyone have any historical info on this item, its origin, etc? 

Thanks for the help!

CB084268-B098-448E-9007-B7FB929E97A5.jpeg

• Like 1

I somewhat doubt this would be NES/PO related, due to the Everlast  branding and "champion of the world" verbage. 

I found some on eBay, but no info is given in the descriptions and no ™ or company name or the like is shown in any pictures. Check for those on the bottom of his feet and under the shirt, if you haven't?

• Like 1

You need to check for more branding on the foot, inner leg, or back.  Let us take a crack at mining up some info on it.  Anything is possible, but odds are very stacked against it being tied to the game.  It could very well be a random bootleg toy to something promo maybe Everlast did that ended up in some salesmans desk or sample set.

Here’s another one on Facebook maybe contact the person and see if they know more about it. I don’t have social media so I can’t 

https://m.facebook.com/KrzyitemsAuction/photos/a.447880788600361/1837950956259997/?type=3&locale=sv_SE

If it was Nintendo licensed there is no way it doesn’t have the logo on it somewhere. I doubt it’s related to MTPO, more a generic Tyson action figure or something. 

Edited by a3quit4s

43 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

You need to check for more branding on the foot, inner leg, or back.  Let us take a crack at mining up some info on it.  Anything is possible, but odds are very stacked against it being tied to the game.  It could very well be a random bootleg toy to something promo maybe Everlast did that ended up in some salesmans desk or sample set.

There is a standard gold “made in Korea” sticker under his right foot. That’s all I can see. Nothing else marked. Can’t look under the clothes and belt because they all appear to be a single piece, or at least all glued/stitched together. 

10 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Does it look like it had marks on it from being hung up lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174646514582

You've found it, exactly it, as if you look at the original photo it still has the string and suction cup hanger attached to his head.  Looks like it was just some random tchotchke versus any sort of official figure.

• Agree 1