IGNORED

Beat every Sega Genesis/Mega Drive game - 234/757

Splain

Editorials Team · Posted
On 3/20/2021 at 7:46 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

...and now Ghouls n Ghosts.  The benefit of being sick all day, you can rally and then sit in front of the tude for hours on end.

Hopefully it's the Coronavirus, so you'll be sick for a long time!

GnG was already beaten though..

• Haha 1

• The title was changed to Beat every Sega Genesis/Mega Drive game - 76/757
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Beat every Sega Genesis/Mega Drive game - 77/757
  • 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Beat every Sega Genesis/Mega Drive game - 78/757
Events Helper · Posted
On 6/29/2020 at 12:07 AM, PII said:

Jeopardy! is done.  

Note: At one point I needed to input the date December 8th 1941.  I put 12 8 1941 and was declared incorrect.  Also, managed to lose the Daily Double almost every single time - Always the weirdest and most obscure question...

Jeopardy!.jpg

Last name ferguson?

• 3 weeks later...

Out of This World is done:

OOTW.jpg.f7568d8593b3cb750a6fb30c3c7b29a7.jpg

One of my all-time favorite games, though I'd never played the Genesis version before. I think I prefer it on SNES (soundtrack) or even 3DO; have to think back to the Sega CD version, maybe I preferred that one too. FM synthesis just can't muster the grandeur needed here. I also found a few spots were weirdly unforgiving compared to the SNES.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Beat every Sega Genesis/Mega Drive game - 82/757
  • 2 weeks later...

Every time I try to say "Yabba-dabba-doo" a trademark symbol pops up, which must mean I beat The Flintstones:

Flintstones_small.jpg.df9ebf0f3eb3e3a4b2ef87d4f55dbaeb.jpg

Completed on Hard with the stock number of credits. (If you beat it on Normal, instead of getting the final ending screens after the credit, Barney prods you to "challange" Hard difficulty instead.)

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
On 6/21/2021 at 9:01 PM, bronzeshield said:

Every time I try to say "Yabba-dabba-doo" a trademark symbol pops up, which must mean I beat The Flintstones:

Completed on Hard with the stock number of credits. (If you beat it on Normal, instead of getting the final ending screens after the credit, Barney prods you to "challange" Hard difficulty instead.)

Good info. Glad you were up to the "challange."

• Like 1

Vapor Trail has Easy and Hard difficulty only, and I just beat it on Easy:

Vapor_Trail_Easy_5.jpg.423ae0590fe568e072b15b090f9f1f11.jpg

Dunno if it counts -- I assume so -- but in any event I'll probably take on Hard soon anyway.

EDIT: I've now beaten the game on Easy/5 credits, Easy/3 credits (the default), and Hard/5 credits, with the same ending in all cases.

EDIT #2: And now I've beaten Hard/3 Credits, the game's hardest setting.

Edited by bronzeshield

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Working on Romance of the Three Kingdoms II, off and on (chipping an hour or two here and there).  New ruler, scenario 3.  Every scenario/ruler combination gives the same ending...a new ruler just gives a bit more of a challenge, especially at the start.  Or it would've if I hadn't somehow managed to get my compatibility almost equal to Cao Cao's...most of his relatives would join me with 90+ loyalty (even had a few 100s, and his bloody SON was 99 after the battle where I killed Cao Cao...so much for filial piety 😛 ).  Anyway, I've knocked off the two biggest threats on the board - Cao Cao and Liu Bei.  I'm thinking I may leave Sun Quan alive a while though...I'm allied with him and Ma Teng, which gives me a hell of a trust boost when they try and steal generals from each other (or me for that matter).  I've also managed to pick off Ma Teng's biggest threats to me - Pang De and Ma Chao, his only 90+ war generals iirc.  Liu Zhang has territory and loyal subjects, but is pretty weak overall, and the other two rulers (Zhang Lu and someone I can't even remember...Bao Xin maybe? Took over for the actual ruler when he died) are of no consequence.  Hell, the unknown one will likely be taken out soon by either Sun Quan or Liu Zhang (he's got 30 rice, 3 soldiers, and nowhere to run...just a matter of time before the AI notices). 

TL/DR: I'm slowly chipping away and shouldn't be too long overall, maybe a couple more weeks or so at my current pace.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Editorials Team · Posted
On 8/9/2021 at 6:38 PM, aarthurn said:

I'll give NHL '94 a go this week.  Would simply beating the Playoff Mode and winning the Stanley Cup with any team count as beating the game?  There is no full season mode to beat.

I would say yes. Either the Regular Season or any of the Playoffs modes.

17 minutes ago, Splain said:

I would say yes. Either the Regular Season or any of the Playoffs modes.

I would say any of the hockey games should have the goal of winning the Stanley Cup, whether or not the season is played.  Usually I sim the season, then pick a team and play out the playoffs.  I can't speak for '95, but in '96 through '98, you could pick to play as any team at any time, so you could literally sim to the Stanley Cup final if you wanted, but while I feel like 82 games plus playoffs is a bit much, four games isn't too much to ask of anyone.  

• Like 1