IGNORED

Sealed & Graded Collecting - Plz, they're not like left and right testicles

Tyree_Cooper

I'm just kidding, but the "Sealed & Graded Collecting" sub-forum is not-a-ok. Indeed, since you may grade used games, loose games, prototypes and even your granny's red underwear, "Sealed" and "Graded" are not even distant cousins anymore. They may have been at one point, if you like bending time and space, but not anymore.

It's like a food section called "Pizza and lemon tarts".

See you around babes!

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 2

And you argument is simply "Two distant cousins cannot be related because one is Irish and another is second-generation Chinese." All because things have changed, and the semblance is only found by those who look for it. 😩

Point being is that "sealed" and "graded" are still interconnected regardless of any changes made by said "grading" companies. With the obvious being tied to those who hate both since "games are meant to be played" and not "treated as pieces of art." 😉

Edited by FenrirZero
Hated my response. I need more caffeine to not rip into VGA's laziness.
  • Agree 1

It's like lumping Odyssey 2 and Atari 7800 into the same forum. They might be technically different things, but they appeal to mostly the same people and no one else cares what anyone has to say about them, so it's nice that they are quarantined to their own little zone. (We call that zone AtariAge)

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

oh no not you again

Yes me. I mean your argument is similar to the time GoCollect published an article that literally has one sentence saying "A WATA 9.8 A+ will sell for higher than a VGA 9.8 A+." as a reason why people should choose Wata over VGA.

LINK: https://blog.gocollect.com/should-i-grade-my-video-games/

Which is ironic because the difference between a sealed game and a graded game is the material used to seal it. Because in the end you still have people whining about both not being used for their intended purposes. 😉

But seriously. If graded games are that much of an issue for you, just press the "Ignore this topic" and move on. Because there are other forums that welcome anti-grading collectors. Just not this one.

And I am the guy wondering why the hell you are not using your time and energy to do a topic on authentic Asian game releases. Just not a @fcgamer style topic. We cannot afford to have Jerry Springer be a regular here.

13 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

It's like lumping Odyssey 2 and Atari 7800 into the same forum. They might be technically different things, but they appeal to mostly the same people and no one else cares what anyone has to say about them, so it's nice that they are quarantined to their own little zone. (We call that zone AtariAge)

That reminds me... Has anybody wore a "Make Atari Great Again" cap while waving a "Billy Mitchell -> 1,062,800 <-" flag every time the Odyssey2 was mentioned there? 🤔

1 minute ago, Hammerfestus said:

That’s just not true.  I completely support you throwing a chair at @Tyree_Cooperbecause he slept with your albino midget girlfriend. 

I wouldn't have because she also likes lemon tarts on her pizza. Now if it was my heavily tattooed girlfriend who constantly called Jerry "Maury"... That would a case where I would have thrown two chairs at him. 😉

1 hour ago, FenrirZero said:

And I am the guy wondering why the hell you are not using your time and energy to do a topic on authentic Asian game releases. Just not a @fcgamer style topic. We cannot afford to have Jerry Springer be a regular here

If we all lived closer together, that might make for a fun YT channel. The fcgamer show.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

If we all lived closer together, that might make for a fun YT channel. The fcgamer show.

Personally? I would like that. And Video Game Sage: The Forum: The Video Game as well. With everybody's avatars in place of an arcade style wrestler's head.

42 minutes ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

I didn't sleep with her. She was awake the whole time. 🐧

I would dispute, but Greg is into Asian game collectors. 🙈

oh my god no GIF by The Maury Show

• 3 weeks later...

Kind of like a CIB collector and a CIB market manipulator. Both vying for the position of parenting CIB babies, but they have opposing good/evil intent. 
I hope my analogy made some sense. It’s the best I can come up with after a full meal, and my brain is lacking some blood flow.

• Agree 1

On 3/11/2023 at 7:11 PM, GPX said:

I hope my analogy made some sense. It’s the best I can come up with after a full meal, and my brain is lacking some blood flow.

It makes perfect sense to me! 👍

You are saying that it is similar to how the CIB community back then used to blackball sealed and graded games for the same reasons.

With those doing it because finding all the components have become increasingly hard over the years. Which I do respect because it is similar to how annoying repros can be in the loose toy collecting community. While others do it because they think that writing a poorly thought out "Sealed/Graded games are a pox on this hobby!" (with the same reason why somebody would use the word "panties" as a jab at how a character dressed in a 1998 game) article makes their point valid.

Versus the fact their beef is with those who make the sealed/graded portion of the hobby look obnoxious. (Kind of like that one seller who acted like she was "all that" just because she had an incomplete VGA graded copy of Mario Paint. With her acting like it was worth so much more just because it was graded.)

I mean something like that, right?

But I could also have skipped something just because I am also wondering what you ate, and how good it was. 😉

Cat Sitting GIF