IGNORED

WATA's going on here?

mlbfan10

10 hours ago, GPX said:

I feel like I could write a whole thesis on why I enjoy owning graded games and the pros and cons associated with them. 
BUT…I won’t bore you guys with such intricate details of my inner subconsciousness. 

I don't blame you. I was going to do the same thing, but what I was going to write would have appealed to the most minute of members here. 😅

8 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

I feel like I need to buy a graded game or have one graded so I can be in the cool kid club

Good luck. I personally found out years ago that Mandarake graded games do not count because they can be unwrapped and played. And that you have to have a sealed 95+ graded SNES copy of A Link to the Past to join the "Dollar High Club."

6 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

To date, I don't know that I've ever seen any response(s) from a grading company after such an issue was reported save the ultimate "fallout" over the fake Rondo of Blood.

I have with AFA. Again with the Toy Toni fiasco, where even C.I.B.'s very own Tom Derby did not bother to look for any grading irregularities when he bought some of Toni's sealed Star Wars toys. 🙈

54 minutes ago, CIB_Wholesale_no_split said:

can someone explain the relationship between CGC and WATA having the same parent company? ive had a few explanations but I still dont get it

WATA is under Collector's Universe and CGC is under Certified Collectibles Group I thought. 

5 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

...where?  ...when?

I should clarify, it's just CIB_Wholesale complaining. lol

On 3/2/2023 at 11:01 AM, CIB_Wholesale_no_split said:

those are off the top of my head ... what else? I never invested from the start because of the whole Dain/NA fiasco. I couldnt get over it and still cant

10 hours ago, inasuma said:

I should clarify, it's just CIB_Wholesale complaining. lol

complaining? my personal complaints werent in there but I do have a couple:

one game I got had been placed in the holder so that the shrink wrap  that was opened on the side of the box caught the side of the holder and ripped .

All they would have to do is press the shrink while it was being put in to prevent that

another one when i took a pokemon blue out of the holder it was jammed into the holder like it didnt fit so i had to cut the  both corners to free it out of the holder

very important documenting variants of past behavior into a comprehensive history of the events and complaints.

i'm worried the revisions and paid ads will overshadow real customers experiences using the services so it's important to document and reference because we saw how Nintendoage went and all these articles are getting revised like this one

https://www.antiquetrader.com/collectibles/collecting-video-games

do u know where i can find the original article?

but hey, you've got a ton of wata games to sell to so I get where you're coming from

8 hours ago, retro.magnus said:

Said it before and I’ll say it again- that case looks suspicious!

The seller should add the pre grade photos for clarity.

Edited by Gulag Joe

1 hour ago, CIB_Wholesale_no_split said:

all these articles are getting revised like this one

https://www.antiquetrader.com/collectibles/collecting-video-games

do u know where i can find the original article?

https://web.archive.org/web/20210217193545/https://www.antiquetrader.com/collectibles/collecting-video-games

This is from one day after the original publication date. I don't have access to MS Word or something like that to perform a comparative diff on the text, but I did not see any differences. I read about halfway through both versions, one paragraph at a time. I am too lazy to continue reading the same article twice. If you want to finish that, I read up to this point:

Much like the slightest variation in sports cards or comic books can change both the grade and the value, it all lined up perfectly for this one. (See story below)

All this begs the question of what the future will bring for Video Games as a high-end collectible.

4 hours ago, CIB_Wholesale_no_split said:

but hey, you've got a ton of wata games to sell to so I get where you're coming from

yes, i would very much like to pump my games. you're ruining the pump and it's not cool. how does that make you feel, that you're ruining the pump

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, inasuma said:

yes, i would very much like to pump my games. you're ruining the pump and it's not cool. how does that make you feel, that you're ruining the pump

I’m mean this entire WATA argument boils down to I have graded games vs I don’t have graded games with both sides being equally biased lmao

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, inasuma said:

that's a great compliment thank you

6 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I’m mean this entire WATA argument boils down to I have graded games vs I don’t have graded games with both sides being equally biased lmao

with the mario 64 comparing to the 007 nightfire in condition

something isnt right between the condition

or grading system

or prices being sold

Edited by CIB_Wholesale_no_split

with the mario 64 comparing to the 007 nightfire in condition

Both were given their grades prior to being cased. This is one of the reasons why I chose to try out CAS when I found that both CGA and WATA were unable to meet my standards. With the only difference is that the majority of Wata's mistakes were made during their time in Colorado. While the mistakes CGA have made are being ignored.

something isnt right between the condition

Again, my first submission to CGA was before they expanded their "+" system to their AFA department. If what I had submitted went to UKG (or CAS after they were open for business), the box portion itself would have been graded an 80. However, both graders had agreed that it was an 85. And the damage I am talking about is not a casing-related issue.

or grading system

CGA, UKG, and CAS use the same grading system. I would have more information on the three, but UKG had chosen to ghost me due to the fact that I reside in NA. That level of unprofessionalism is why Wata is now third on my "test" list. With me looking at my time dealing with graded comic books as a way to understand their system. While I also wish CAS gave people the same label options that both CGA and UKG offer.

The point being is that CAS offers a secondary grade that explains why a game might have received an 85+, when the person submitting it thinks it would have graded a 90. While Wata's reason for grading the wrap separately is meant to help give a better understanding how far from mint the box is. While going with a separate grade for the wrap making sense when it was previously shown that VGA made mistakes doing it differently.

or prices being sold

That was something promoted by CGA long before they updated their long-outdated website. I believe it goes as far back as their Tom Derby era, which pre-dates the beginning of any company that was willing to grade video games.

Again, reasons why I made an effort to try out CAS while others hyper-focused on finding the next VGA or Wata.

13 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

Both were given their grades prior to being cased. This is one of the reasons why I chose to try out CAS when I found that both CGA and WATA were unable to meet my standards. With the only difference is that the majority of Wata's mistakes were made during their time in Colorado. While the mistakes CGA have made are being ignored.

Again, my first submission to CGA was before they expanded their "+" system to their AFA department. If what I had submitted went to UKG (or CAS after they were open for business), the box portion itself would have been graded an 80. However, both graders had agreed that it was an 85. And the damage I am talking about is not a casing-related issue.

CGA, UKG, and CAS use the same grading system. I would have more information on the three, but UKG had chosen to ghost me due to the fact that I reside in NA. That level of unprofessionalism is why Wata is now third on my "test" list. With me looking at my time dealing with graded comic books as a way to understand their system. While I also wish CAS gave people the same label options that both CGA and UKG offer.

The point being is that CAS offers a secondary grade that explains why a game might have received an 85+, when the person submitting it thinks it would have graded a 90. While Wata's reason for grading the wrap separately is meant to help give a better understanding how far from mint the box is. While going with a separate grade for the wrap making sense when it was previously shown that VGA made mistakes doing it differently.

That was something promoted by CGA long before they updated their long-outdated website. I believe it goes as far back as their Tom Derby era, which pre-dates the beginning of any company that was willing to grade video games.

Again, reasons why I made an effort to try out CAS while others hyper-focused on finding the next VGA or Wata.

thanks for the info i'll check them out and try a test run. since the 007 grade is the highest available condition i'd seek out a different service to grade the vga 80-100 scale

right now i'm mostly stick to VGA slide outs along with an excel sheet of all the damage. A new grading company would do well with 4-8 subgrades ----- 2 is not enough to get a feel by the numbers only