IGNORED

Pokemon Go - any current playas?

Boosted52405

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

I’m not gonna lie, I let politics make me miss this games lifespan 😞

Hillary Clinton’s “Pokemon Go to the polls” made me backpedal so hard on this game.

Classic "grandma tries to do something 'hip'" and it loses all its appeal to the younger gen.

• Like 1

I killed it about a month before people knew what the virus was in this country.  Totally fed up not seeing anything new, and the way the gyms and stuff crept into a way to really exclude those who can't be outright aggressive and happy to spend a little extra coin too was a huge put off.  The time involved just to get the measly dailies when compared to something like Dragalia Lost's was a total shit the bed moment so I dumped it.  I do miss some of it a bit but without a major overhaul it's not worth my time anymore.

On 7/27/2020 at 10:34 PM, Tanooki said:

I killed it about a month before people knew what the virus was in this country.  Totally fed up not seeing anything new, and the way the gyms and stuff crept into a way to really exclude those who can't be outright aggressive and happy to spend a little extra coin too was a huge put off.  The time involved just to get the measly dailies when compared to something like Dragalia Lost's was a total shit the bed moment so I dumped it.  I do miss some of it a bit but without a major overhaul it's not worth my time anymore.

The gameplay during the pandemic has been the best since launch! Incense bring Pokemon every 30 seconds, PvE doesn't require any walking or passes to get rewards. You can get 7 buddy hearts a day without any walking. All egg distance has been halved. The community days, even go fest, have been played from my couch. You can even raid from the living room, and invite your friends to raids.

It's the best it's ever been. If there's ever been a time to play besides launch, it's now. It's completely the game everyone wanted when it launched. Niantic just wasn't ready for the influx of players and it took them 4 years to make a playable game. 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 1:25 PM, Gloves said:

Classic "grandma tries to do something 'hip'" and it loses all its appeal to the younger gen.

She almost ruined hot sauce when she said she kept it in her purse and put it on everything. Luckily she was just pandering to the minorities she was talking too, just like she was pandering to young folks with the Pokemon line.

16 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

The gameplay during the pandemic has been the best since launch! Incense bring Pokemon every 30 seconds, PvE doesn't require any walking or passes to get rewards. You can get 7 buddy hearts a day without any walking. All egg distance has been halved. The community days, even go fest, have been played from my couch. You can even raid from the living room, and invite your friends to raids.

It's the best it's ever been. If there's ever been a time to play besides launch, it's now. It's completely the game everyone wanted when it launched. Niantic just wasn't ready for the influx of players and it took them 4 years to make a playable game. 

Very heavy daily player here and cannot agree more, the game has been fire during the pandemic but the majority of these perks are just temporary.  Incenses are my favorite, I run this frequently during events, although I'll point out they are 1 min each spawn, which is still amazieballs.  I missed out on most of day 1, but still racked up 39 shinies during GoFest including a Gible and regional Zangoose.  Hope you got some of the regionals or the blue unowns lol.

Being a single Dad to a toddler, the raid invites have been a blast, but is pricey and still a smidge buggy.  Worth it for legendary shiny raids to me, otherwise will join some here and there.  We have a super active Discord group here in Iowa and can't tell you the last time I went a whole day without playing 🙂